L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science 2019
Deadline: July 31, 2019
The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science aim at promoting the participation of young women in science. This program determines and rewards young talented female researchers in the Life Sciences (biology, biochemistry, genetics, physiology, biotechnology, ecology, biochemistry) and the Physical Sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth, and universe sciences).
The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science 2019 are set to be awarded to 5 young women scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Algeria, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia
Founded in 2007, the L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships aim to distinguish young women researchers for the quality of their works and to encourage them to pursue a brilliant career in science. The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science 2019 are set to be awarded to 5 young women scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Algeria, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia. The Maghreb Fellowships is established within the framework of a partnership between the Fondation L’Oréal and UNESCO.
- The cost of traveling and accommodation for Fellows non-residents in Morocco will be provided by L’Oréal Maroc.
- The Fellows will engage to continue their research work for which the L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowship For Women in and Science has been obtained;
- Individual fellowships amount of 10 000 EUR.
- Applicants should be applying for a PhD or post-doctoral studies;
- Not working permanently in 2019.
- Working on a PhD or having obtained it and willing to pursue research in one of the fields;
- Working in one of the 4 countries: Algeria, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia.
- Maximum 35 year old at the closing date of the call for applications.
Applications can only be submitted through the online platform: www.fwis.fr by the
An application is considered complete when it consists of all the following documents, in
English or in French:
• A detailed resume (Curriculum Vitae) filled directly in the website www.fwis.fr.
• Copies of diplomas obtained starting from the BS.
• A copy of an official transcript of undergraduate and graduate studies.
• A detailed abstract / description of the research project of maximum 2 pages.
• Other research projects in progress.
• A suggested project of the grant’s use, including a draft budget.
• The list of publications and patents.
• Recommendation letters from supervisor(s) and/or director of the scientific
institute or school where the thesis has been carried out.
• Letter of acceptance from the host laboratory for post-doctoral studies.
Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline, as well as applications that do
not fulfill the above conditions will not be evaluated.
To apply, Click here