Deadline : August 31, 2021
Apply for the L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Awards For Women in Science 2021. The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Awards For Women in Science aim at promoting the participation of young women in science. This program aims to identify and reward young talented female researchers in the Life Sciences (biology, biochemistry, genetics, physiology, biotechnology, ecology, biochemistry) and the Physical Sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth, and universe sciences).
The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Awards For Women in Science 2021 are set to be awarded to 5 young women scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Algeria, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia. Applicants must be female scholars currently enrolled in a doctoral programme in one of the eligible countries
Founded in 2007, the L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships aim to distinguish young women researchers for the quality of their works and to encourage them to pursue a brilliant career in science. The Maghreb Fellowships is established within the framework of a partnership between the Foundation L’Oréal and UNESCO.
Benefits for the programme
- The programme offers an Individual endowment amount worth 10,000 EUR to selected candidates.
- Fellows are expected to use the endowment to support their activities working in a laboratory or research institute in the same country.
- The endowment may be used to:
- Purchase of computer equipment or advanced equipment.
- Travel abroad to meet experts or create collaborations.
- Funding to attend conferences, congresses, training / acquisition of knowledge, creation of a business plan etc.
- Purchase of scientific articles.
The to be selected for one of these awards, you must meet the following conditions.
- These awards are open to female doctoral candidates from selected countries
- Applicants must be enrolled in at leased their second year of doctoral study at the time of application.
- Applicants must be planning to carry out laboratory or research work in one of the following countries: Algeria, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia
- The proposed research must be in the fields of life and environmental sciences, matter, engineering, mathematics, computer and information sciences.
- Applicants must have started their doctoral studies by at least December 2019.
Applications for consideration for one of the endowments must be summited online using the online plication form provided on the programme website. Your application must be completed entirely in English with the exception of letters of recommendation which can be written in French.
Applicants will need to submit the following documents to complete their application
- A detailed CV of 1 to 2 pages maximum including training, dissemination actions, commitments of the candidate, etc.
- Copies of diplomas or certificates obtained from the master’s degree in their original language,
- Submit a summary of your proposed research in 200 words maximum and written in French
- An estimated budget detailing the expenses and planned expenditures for the endowment. This budget must not exceed € 15,000 for doctoral students and € 20,000 for post-doctoral researchers.
- Request at least two letters of recommendation written in French or English, each evaluating the quality of the CV, the originality of the project and mentioning the relational and human dimensions of the candidate.
- Submit a list of the your publications
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here