Deadline : August 31, 2021
Apply for the 2021/2022 Makerere University Masters scholarships in Social Work. Makerere University hereby invites applications for Masters scholarships in Social Work for the 2021/2022 Academic Year. Candidates for these scholarships must be applicants from Uganda and Rwanda who wish to study a Master’s Degree in Social Work. The programme is offering Six (6) scholarships with 3 scholarships dedicated to applicants from Rwanda and 3 scholarships for applicants from Uganda.
These Scholarship are offered as part of a 6- year project, Building Resilient Communities through Inclusive Education in Eastern Africa. The project is implemented by the Department of Social Work, College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHUSS) in partnership with University of Agder in Norway, University of Rwanda and Institute of Social Work in Tanzania.
The main aim of the scholarship program is to empower and enable suitable students who come from vulnerable and marginalized communities, who would otherwise not be able to afford a postgraduate degree due to financial constraints. This fully funded scholarship will enable then reach for greater heights and realize their dreams. Upon competition of their studies, scholars will put their skills to work and positively contribute towards socio-economic transformation of their communities
- The scholarship will cover all tuition and functional fees for the Master’s degree programme
- Scholars will also receive coverage for other costs such as library and internship fees.
- Scholarship recipients will also receive an allowance for field-based research.
- You will also receive a scholarship stipend for the 2 year study duration for the Master’s programme
Applicants for the scholarships must meet the following conditions
- The scholarship is open to citizens of Uganda or Rwanda who must be resident in the respective country at the time of the application.
- Applicants must be under the age of 35 at the time of application.
- You must posses a bachelor’s degree in Social Work or in a related Social Science discipline from a recognized Institution/ university.
- Your degree must be an equivalent of a Minimum of an Upper Second Class or its equivalent.
- Candidates must agree to stay and work in their home communities after their graduation
- At least one year work experience in the social development sector
- You must provide proof of financial need and must be coming from a genuinely poor, vulnerable or disadvantaged socio-economic background.
- Applicants must not be beneficiaries of other scholarships during their study period
- You must be ready to undertake mandatory field work during the two-year programme.
To be considered, aplicants must fisrt apply for admission for a Master’s degree programme in Social Work. Together with your application form for admission, you must then submit all the required application documents to the provided email address
Find below the required documents for application
- You application must include a fully completed application form as specified in the University Call for Applications.
- Candidates must include copies of their Certified Academic Documents including Undergraduate, and secondary school leaving certificates.
- Submit a copy of your Birth Certificate and National Identification card
- Include a two-page curriculum vitae listing your Bio-information, academic qualifications and work experience a
- A well written letter of motivation and explaining why you are applying and should be awarded this scholarship.
- You must request at least two letters of recommendation one requested from a an academic referee and the other form Professional referee.
- All applicants must submit proof of financial need, vulnerability or disadvantage
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here