Deadline : March 15, 2020 .
Apply for the MALAYSIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP 2020. The MIS is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government's effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad. Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and selected private universities at postgraduate level.
The call for application in 2020 is only for selected countries such as ASEAN, Kingdom of Morocco and Palestine only. The online application will be opened in early 2020
APPLICABLE AREAS OF STUDY
- Science and Engineering.
- Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Economics and Islamic Finance.
- Information and Communication Technology.
- Biosecurity and Food Safety.
- Infrastructure and Utility.
- Environmental Studies.
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and monthly living allowance; RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia.
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
To be eligible, you must:
- Not be more than 40 and 45 years of age for Master and PhD respectively.
- For Master’s degree, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at Bachelor Degree.
- For PhD applicant should obtain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or very good result at Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency:
- Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (total 6.5); or TOEFL (paper-based test with a minimum total score of 580 or computer-based test with a minimum total score of 230 or internet-based test with a minimum total score of 92); or
- Applicants obtaining degrees with English as medium of instructions may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
- A written proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the field of studies.
Below are the required documents
- All documents below are COMPULSORY and to be uploaded via online application (scanned and save as in PDF format):
- Application form;
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 month's validity);
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript;
- Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree programme must be reflected in the academic transcripts;
- Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies; and
- Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicants' alma mater describing the university’s grade system. If an applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile. Documents must be certified.
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency;
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees (e.g. lecturer, supervisor or immediate superior, etc.)
- Endorsement form;
- Admission letter from Malaysia University (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Research Proposal
To apply Click here