Deadline : July 1, 2021
The Marion Dönhof fellowship at the Michael Succow Foundation creates a unique chance for post-graduate research on environmental issues focusing on the region of post-soviet states. The fellowship will run for a duration of up to five months for study and work in Germany. For this year, up to four (4) individuals will be selected for the fellowship. During their stay in Germany, fellows will work on a topic of their own choosing in accordance with the program objectives, under supervision of the Succow Foundation.
Journalist Marion Countess Dönhoff became prominent for her criticism against the dark side of capitalism and the consequences of unlimited growth on nature and people. She is also known for advocating for cooperation within countries in today’s post-Soviet space and the promotion of young people.
It is for this reason that the Marion Dönhoff Foundation aims to finances a fellowship program at the Succow Foundation. The fellowship concentrates in the fields of environmental journalism, political ecology and sustainable development. It is intended to support education and critical discussion in the countries of the post-Soviet space.
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- There are several consortium scholarships (4) that will be awarded to top applicants on a competitive basis.
- The scholarship covers tuition fees, and part of your costs for travelling, housing, and living for the entire duration of the study programme.
- In addition to these full grants, also some fee waiver grants are available for the best ranked runner up candidates.
- This fellowship program is open to post-graduates with professional experience and activists of civil society networks and groups in the fields of political ecology, environmental journalism or sustainable development;
- Applicants must be nationals of post-soviet states (Please see full list here)
- You must be between the ages of 25 and 38 years.
- Candidates must demonstrate Good language skills in English or German (written and spoken)
- In special cases and given outstanding qualifications, applications in Russian language can be accepted.
Interested applicants must submit their applications via emails to the provided address. You must submit your application by the deadline of July 1, 2021. Your application must include the following documents
- A well Witten Letter of motivation of one page long
- Your Project description of issue to be analyzed (up to three pages)
- The applicant’s most recent CV
- Provide your Proof of language skills (German or Russian).
- Also include a Copy/scan of your passport
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here