Deadline : 31 August, 2020 .
Apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at University of Pretoria in South Africa. The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the MasterCard Foundation (MCF) is calling for applications for scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2021. Grab this opportunity while it still lasts.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) is majorly aimed for academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. As As is the requirement for reception of the scholarship, graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
The University of Pretoria is one of the largest and most diverse university in Southern Africa. Currently UP has more than 50 000 students and has become one of the leading higher education institutions on the continent and indeed, in the world. The University has nine faculties, including the Faculty of Veterinary Science on the Onderstepoort Campus, which is the only one of its kind in South Africa.
Successful applicants for the MCFSP Program will receive the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period
To be eligible for this the tuition fee waiver, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Candidates should be citizens from Africa.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
Mastercard Foundation offers a full scholarship to students who have applied for and been admitted to one of the eligible programmes at the University of Pretoria, The following Postgraduate study programmes are eligible for the Program
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the BPolSci (Political Studies or International Studies only)
Please note: Honours and Masters degree applications will be accepted in the fields of Engineering (continuing students only).
To apply, you are advised to follow the following procedure
Step 1: Admission to University of Pretoria
- In order to apply for the scholarship, you MUST have been admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents as outlined in the application form.
- To use the online Application system, you will need Internet access and an email address that you can access regularly. As soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Step 2: Application for Mastercard Scholarship
- Only students admitted to full-time study at UP will be considered for the scholarship.
- Be sure to include documents that support what your family, guardian or foster parents can afford to pay. Examples of such documentation include bank
statements, pay slips and loan documents.
- Download application forms for the MCFSP and submit them to the following address
- Application enquiries can be directed to:
- [email protected]
- Tel: 012 420 4297
To apply Click Here