Deadline : September 17, 2021
Apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at University of Pretoria in South Africa. The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the MasterCard Foundation (MCF) is calling for applications for scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2022. Grab this opportunity while it still lasts.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) is majorly aimed for academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa. Applicants must have the passion and will to contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership.
The MCFSP scholarships are full scholarships dedicated to students who have been provisionally admitted to one of the postgraduate degree offered at the University of Pretoria in South Africa. As is the requirement for reception of the scholarship, graduates must return to their home countries to put their skills to practice and give back to their communities, at the end of their studies.
The University of Pretoria is one of the largest and most diverse university in Southern Africa. Currently UP has more than 50 000 students and has become one of the leading higher education institutions on the continent and indeed, in the world. The University has nine faculties, including the Faculty of Veterinary Science on the Onderstepoort Campus, which is the only one of its kind in South Africa.
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- The scholarship will cover Full tuition fees for your selected programme
- You will receive accommodation in one of the UP residence for the entire duration of the programme
- The scholarship also covers Meals for selected students
- There is a Books and printed material allowance to scholars
- You will also receive a modest monthly stipend to cover your daily expenses
- You will receive Medical aid covered by the programme
- Selected scholars will receive coverage for travel expenses in form of a one return trip for the duration of the study period
- The costs incurred in processing your visa will be covered by the program.
To be eligible for this the scholarship, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants for the programme must be nationals from an Africa country.
- You should be coming from an economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential
- You must have an excellent academic record and demonstrate the potential to maintain a high academic average at all times.
Mastercard Foundation offers a full scholarship to students who have applied for and been admitted to one of the eligible programmes at the University of Pretoria. Study programmes from the following faculties are eligible for the scholarship.
- The Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- The Faculty of Humanities for entry into the BPolSci (Political Studies or International Studies only)
To apply, you are advised to follow the following procedure
Step 1: Admission to University of Pretoria
- In order to apply for the scholarship, you MUST have been admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents as outlined in the application form.
- To use the online Application system, you will need Internet access and an email address that you can access regularly. As soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
- Application for admission closes on August 30, 2021
Step 2: Application for Mastercard Scholarship
- Only students admitted to full-time study at UP will be considered for the scholarship.
- Be sure to include documents that support what your family, guardian or foster parents can afford to pay. Examples of such documentation include bank statements, pay slips and loan documents.
- Download application forms, complete them and together with other support documents, mail them to: [email protected]
The deadline for application for the scholarship is September 17, 2021.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here