Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) 2020 Research Fellowship Program
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) 2021 Research Fellowship Program. Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
“2021 Research Fellowship Program” has been officially released. The deadline of application is 17:00 on June 30th, 2020(Japan Standard Time).
Applicants indicate the period of Fellowship with the length of stay needed for the Research Project (Application Document #2) between 3 to 6 months, and commencing month and ending month between April 2020 and March 2021. (e.g. 5 months from June 2020 to October 2020)
MIF plans to invite more or less 20 researchers/scholars.
- Above all, allowance for research and stay
- Also, air Transportation
- Start-up fund upon arrival
- The applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from host institutions in Japan.
- Applicants must hold a PH.D. (Doctorate) degree, or equivalent academic qualifications according to MIF.
- Similarly, applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time of submission.
- Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
- Likewise, applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stay. E.g. sightseeing, conferences)
- Applicants should be in employment in their home countries, and must return to their countries upon completion of their MIF fellowship tenure.
Applicants are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
- Application Form
- Above all, the Research Project
- A reprint of the most significant publication by the applicant
- In addition, personal History (Curriculum Vitae)
- A letter of recommendation by the applicant’s employer, printed out on the home institution’s letter head
- Also, certified copies for all the academic certificates/diplomas (for Ph.D., MA/MS/MD, BA/BS) issued by the relevant institutions
- Furthermore, a letter of invitation signed by the professor/scholar-in-charge at the host institution, printed out on the host institution’s letter head
To apply, Click here