Deadline : June 30, 2021
Applications for the 2022 Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship Program is now open for eligible applicants. The Matsumae International Foundation builds up on the the concept of its founder with its main theme as:
Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World PeaceDr. Shigeyoshi MATSUMAE
Matsumae International Foundation launched this annual Research Fellowship Program in 1980. The fellowship is dedicated to PhD and Doctoral Degree holders to spend a period of 3 to 6 months, working in various fields of research such as natural science, engineering and medicine are considered with first priorities. Fellowships are carried out at various participating universities in Japan.
MIF plans to invite more or less 20 researchers/scholars. Up on completion for your fellowship, you will be expected to return to your home country to applying the experience and knowledge you will have received to make life better and promote peace.
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- Selected fellows will receive a monthly Allowance worth JPY 220,000 to cover their living expenses and costs of research materials
- You will receive Insurance for overseas Travel or Accident/Sickness Insurance:
- Fellows will receive a round-trip air tickets for air travel. The ticket is an Economy class for the most direct and economical route between the nearest international airport from your country and Tokyo.
- Up on arrival in Japan, you will receive a Start-up Fund worth JPY 120,000 intended to cover the initial costs to start a new research stay in Japan.
- The programme welcomes applicants from all countries from all over the world
- Applicants for the fellowship must hold a PH.D. (Doctorate) degree, or its equivalent at the time of application.
- You must apply and obtain a Letter of Invitation from one of the participating host institutions in Japan.
- Candidates must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time of application.
- You must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in the English Language or Japanese language if you are to be considered.
- Candidates must not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan for long durations.
- You must currently posses employment in your home country and be ready to return back up on completion of the fellowship.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you must obtain and inivitation / acceptance letter for a fellowship, Reasearch or Project stay at an institition of your Choice in Japan. You are free to choose a host institution which may be a universities, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities in private sector.
Up on reciepient of acceptance, you must then Adownload the scholatship application form MIF’s website. The applicantion form must be correctly and fully completed and upob submision, accompanied with the following documents
- You must include a Research Project proposal that you intend to work on during the fellowship
- Applicants must include a summary of their most significant publication
- Draft a personal History / Curriculum Vitae detailing the most revealing academic and professional information
- Request a letter of recommendation from your employer, to be printed out the company letter head
- You must submit certified copies for all the academic certificates/diplomas for all your previous studies. The may include Ph.D., MA/MS/MD, BA/BS
- Please remember to include a letter of invitation/ acceptance signed by the professor/scholar-in-charge at the host institution, printed out on the host institution’s letter head
Your complete application file must then be submitted electronically to: [email protected], by the deadline of June 30, 2021.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here