Deadline : April 15, 2021
Apply now to attend the third MEM Summer Summit. Every year MEM summer summit invites more than 100 young change-makers from over 30 different countries along with around 100 speakers and distinguished guests.
The Summit is designed as an intellectual and social exchange across borders, cultures and languages. This summer experience is composed of two parts, namely
- An eight-day Seminar
- A two-day Forum.
During the summit, emphasis is on the need and ambition to pursue an incisive analysis and reflection on the complex challenges facing the extended Middle East Mediterranean region.
The main objectives are:
- It wishes to offer a safe space for dialogue between young change-makers from the Middle East Mediterranean region where to lay out a vision for common future of the region, by starting from the present
- The summit wishes to build a common ground and intergenerational exchange between young people and decision-makers, public and private institutions, non-profit organisations, social enterprises
- The ability to develop novel approaches to tackle persisting critical issues
- To act as a breeding ground for developing across border and multilateral project proposals
- The summit wishes to initiate collaboration and start networks among several actors in the region
The MEM Summer Summit offers a number of partial or full grants for participating in the MEM Summer Summit 2020.
- Full grants cover travel, accommodation and tuition fee
- Partial grants cover tuition fee and/or accommodation
Priority will be given to covering the expenses of citizens from low-income countries or with proven financial needs.
The MEM Summer Summit welcomes applications from candidates:
- aged between 25 and 35
- from the Middle East Mediterranean region and Europe and/or with a proven interest in the region and engagement in the society
- with diverse educational backgrounds and work experience (professionals with careers in business, media, human rights and non-governmental work as well as artists, intellectuals, students and researchers). Multidisciplinary and heterogeneity of experience are enriching and crucial to approaching the complex issues from plural perspective
- interested and willing to work on project-proposals with an across border approach with participants coming from all over the region
- with the ability to work as part of a diversified team
- with a strong knowledge of English; knowledge of French is an asset
In addition to completing the forms on our platform, applicants must upload the following documents:
- A Letter of Intent of no more than two pages describing current interests and plans in the MEM region, suggesting how the MEM Summer Summit may help further those interests and plans
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A short introduction video in English (up to two minutes long), in which the applicant introduces themselves, briefly state why they are the right candidate and how they can contribute to the Summit
- The names and contacts of two referees
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here