Deadline : April 30, 2022
Apply now to attend the third MEM Summer Summit. Every year MEM summer summit invites more than 100 young change-makers from over 30 different countries along with around 100 speakers and distinguished guests.
The Summit is designed as an intellectual and social exchange across borders, cultures and languages. This summer experience is composed of two parts, namely
- An eight-day Seminar
- A two-day Forum.
During the summit, emphasis is on the need and ambition to pursue an incisive analysis and reflection on the complex challenges facing the extended Middle East Mediterranean region.
The main objectives are:
- It wishes to offer a safe space for dialogue between young change-makers from the Middle East Mediterranean region where to lay out a vision for common future of the region, by starting from the present
- The summit wishes to build a common ground and intergenerational exchange between young people and decision-makers, public and private institutions, non-profit organisations, social enterprises
- The ability to develop novel approaches to tackle persisting critical issues
- To act as a breeding ground for developing across border and multilateral project proposals
- The summit wishes to initiate collaboration and start networks among several actors in the region
The MEM Summer Summit offers a number of partial or full grants for participating in the MEM Summer Summit 2022.
- Full grants will cover the participant’s travel from and back to their home country, accommodation for the entire duration of the seminar and participation fee
- Partial grants cover participation fee and accommodation
Priority will be given to covering the expenses of citizens from low-income countries or with proven financial needs.
The MEM Summer Summit welcomes applications from candidates:
- Applicants must be aged between 25 and 35 at the time of application.
- You must be exclusively from the Middle East Mediterranean region and Europe and/or with a proven interest in the region and engagement in the society
- Applications are welcome form applicants with diverse educational backgrounds and work experience. These may be professionals with careers in business, media, human rights and non-governmental work as well as artists, intellectuals, students and researchers.
- You must demonstrate interest and the will to work on project-proposals with an across border approach with participants coming from all over the region
- Applicants must have the ability to work as part of a diversified team
- You must posses a proficiency in English although knowledge of French is an added advantage.
Applicants will be requested to completing the online application from from the programme website. The online application must be summitted together with the following documents:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A short introduction video in English of up to two minutes long introducing your self and explaining briefly why you think you are the right candidate and how you can contribute to the Summit
- The names and contacts of two referees
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here