Deadline : June 30, 2022
The METI Government Of Japan Internship Program 2022 is now open for Foreign Nationals of Developing Countries. If you want to have experience internship and living in Japan, don’t miss this opportunity. This year, 200 interns from countries on the OECD/DAC list will be recruited for the METI Internship program. The Summer Internship program will run from the Middle of August to late September 2022.
Internships are carried out at selected Japanese Companies where selected interns will be placed for the entire duration of the program. As Japanese companies take on foreign talent from abroad for internships, Japan achieves greater internationalization for its people and organizations. This is possible through knowledge building aimed at new developments and expansion of overseas business for Japanese companies, and by changing awareness through working with foreigners and experiencing cross-cultural communication, as well as constructing networks and developing in-house systems in conjunction with overseas universities aimed at securing foreign talent.
By doing internships in Japan, people from developing countries can study overseas business strategies at Japanese company and acquire the skills and expertise of Japanese companies, becoming trained as global leaders capable of working in Japan, in their home countries, and in the wider world in future.
- You will receive Insurance coverage for the entire duration of the internship.
- Interns will be able to borrow electronic equipment such as Laptops, communication devices and mobile phones
- If you are traveling to Japan, you will receive full coverage for all expenses involved.
- You must agree with the purpose of this program and willing to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc.
- Applicants must hold citizenship of an eligible country or region except China( See OECD/DAC list here).
- You must have proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 as of October 15, 2022.
- You must be able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc.
- You must be able to undertake required training and engaged in internship at the designated working site.
- Applicants must be able to participate in internship in accordance with the timetable which JIP office appoints.
- You must not have not participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2021.
Interested applicants are advised to fill out the online application to apply for the internship
- Registration is accepted online via the registration form on the Program Office website.
- Screening process will be conducted based on the application content : aptitude and experience/ability as an intern, understanding of the program purpose, and any conditions or requests for the host company.
- Selection will be conducted through document screening, primary interview (local language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
- Various certification documents regarding University qualifications or language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs, required documents for the visa, etc. are required to submit individually.
If you want to check out a detailed visual presentation about the program, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here