METI Government Of Japan Internship Program 2019 for Foreign Nationals (Fully-funded)
Deadline: June 14, 2019
The METI Government Of Japan Internship Program 2019 is now open for Foreign Nationals of Developing Countries. If you want to have experience internship and living in Japan, don’t miss this opportunity.
As Japanese companies take on foreign talent from abroad for internships, Japan achieves greater internationalization for its people and organizations through knowledge building aimed at new developments and expansion of overseas business for Japanese companies, and by changing awareness through working with foreigners and experiencing cross-cultural communication, as well as constructing networks and developing in-house systems in conjunction with overseas universities aimed at securing foreign talent.
By doing internships in Japan, people from developing countries can study overseas business strategies at Japanese company and acquire the skills and expertise of Japanese companies, becoming trained as global leaders capable of working in Japan, in their home countries, and in the wider world in future.
- Allowance: around USD 35.78 (4,000 yen) per day for living expenses. This amount will be paid for the entire duration of the internship;
- Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance;
- Internship insurance;
- Transportation and accommodation expenses associated with the training program
Highly-skilled foreign professionals who are currently living other than Japan and will visit to Japan only for this program are eligible to apply.
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program with willingness to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc;
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region (OECD/DAC-listed countries except China).
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English;
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 as of June 14, 2019;
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc;
- Able to undertake the required training and full-time internship at the host company;
- Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company;
- The person who previously participated in this program cannot apply this year.
- Registration is accepted online via the registration form on the Program Office website.
- creening process will be conducted based on the application content : aptitude and experience/ability as an intern, understanding of the program purpose, and any conditions or requests for the host company.
- Selection will be conducted through document screening, primary interview (local language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
- Various certification documents regarding University qualifications or language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs, required documents for the visa, etc. are required to submit individually.
To apply, Click here