Deadline : June 30, 2021
Apply for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) Taiwan Fellowship Program. MOFA Taiwan Fellowship was established and is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA). The fellowship program aims to award foreign experts and scholars interested in conducting research on topics related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, Asia-Pacific region and Sinology. Selected fellows will have the opportunity to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan.
There are up to 12 fellowship positions offered by MOFA Taiwan Fellowship dedicated to applicants, scholars and experts from developing APEC economies. Applicants must be foreign nationals who are professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities
Fellowships run for a duration of 3 to 12 months. MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is open for application in May and June every year and recipients will conduct their research in Taiwan as early as January the next year.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- Fellows will receive a monthly grant stipend paid at the beginning of every month.
- For professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows, the research grant is $60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates will receive a research grant worth NT$50,000.
- All fellows will be eligible for a one round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan from their countries of origin
- You will also receive accident insurance coverage including a medical insurance for accidental injuries.
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of member countries of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) (Please see full list here)
- Candidates must be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, doctoral program students.
- Research fellows from academic institutions abroad are also welcome to apply
- Your area of specialization must fall under social sciences or humanities related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, or other aspects of Chinese studies.
Interested applicants must submit their applications by filling an online application form. The form, along with other required documents will need to submit the ROC Embassy or Representative Office in or nearest to their country of residence.
Applicants will have to submit the following the application documents
- Resume with a list of all your recent publications
- A well prepared research proposal
- Request two letters of recommendation or one letter of recommendation and one letter of agreement from the highest administrative director of your institution
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here