Deadline: June 30, 2020
MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, Asia-Pacific region and Sinology to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan. Up to now, there have been 934 scholars from 78 countries being accepted by this program. MOFA Taiwan Fellowship, echoing the APEC Scholarship Initiative, provides 12 Chinese Taipei APEC Fellowship openings per year exclusively for scholars and experts from developing APEC economies.
MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is open for application in May and June every year and recipients will conduct their research in Taiwan as early as January the next year.The fellows will be given the opportunity to perform research in universities and education institutes in Taiwan
- Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
- Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations).
- The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12 months.
- Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million.
- Applicants shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, doctoral program students, or same-level research fellows from academic institutions abroad who specialize in social sciences or humanities related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, or other aspects of Chinese studies.
- Applicants recommended by ROC (Taiwan) overseas missions with a field of study on Taiwan’s foreign relations or cross-strait relations.
The applicants first need to fill an online application form after which they will need to submit required documents (Application form, resume, research proposal and letter of recommendation) to the ROC Embassy or Representative Office in or nearest to their country of residence.
(1)Fellowship administrator: Center for Chinese Studies at National Central Library: http://ccs.ncl.edu.tw/
(2)The year of 2020 online application period will be from May 1 to June 30, 2020.
(3)Contact person: Ms. Elaine Wu, Tel: +886-2-2361-9132 #317, Fax: +886-2-2371-2126
To apply, Click here