Deadline : January 6, 2023
Apply for the National Institute of Genetics (NIG) Summer Internship program in Japan. The National Institute of Genetics (NIG) and the Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI reserves several research internship positions each year, dedicated to undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to gain research experience in genetics and related fields in life sciences. Interns come from countries all over the world and have the opportunity to spend up to 1 month and a half at NIG in japan learning ang gaining first hand experience within the NIG labs.
During the program, Intern students will have the opportunity to conduct independent research under the mentorship of a host investigator at NIG. At the end of the program, you and your fellow interns will give a presentation on your experience through out the program as the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium”.
The intern program will include training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to discuss with individual principal investigators. Interns who successfully complete the program will be issued with certificates demonstrating their achievements. Interns can also participate in various activities during the program, including graduate program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars by outstanding researchers from inside and outside of NIG. Interested participants can also take on Japanese language class
Selected interns will be a eligible for the following benefits
- NIG will offer interns coverage for costs of airfare, local transportation fares between airport in Japan and NIG.
- The institute will provide you with lodging in the institute’s guesthouse for the entire duration of the program.
- You will receive coverage for travel insurance during the program.
- Interns will receive a daily allowance worth 1,500J PY to cover meals for the whole period of their stay in Japan.
- Applicants for the NIG intern program are welcome from all over the world.
- You have strong interest in life sciences and be in the prefinal-year at the time of application.
- Bachelors degree students must be in their 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor program or in their 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor program or in their 4th year of a 5-year program
- Masters degree applicants must be in their 1st year of a 2-year master program or in their 5th year of a 6-year program.
- Students who are interested in enrolling in our PhD program at NIG are encouraged to apply.
Interested students must submit their applications only through the online application system. Applications will close at noon on January 6, 2023 . After completing your registration, applicants will receive an e-mail with their password which will be used log into the online application. During you application, you will be required to submit the following supporting documents
- You will be required to submit a Letter of Motivation with a maximum of 500 English words
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae detailing your education records starting from high school as well as your current academic status.
- You must upload scanned copies of your Academic Transcript as well as ongoing undergraduate or postgraduate status transcript
- Translations of your Academic Transcript in case these are not issued in English or Japan
- Two recommendation letters from your teachers to support your application
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here