Deadline : October 31, 2020
Apply for the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic 2020 in Slovakia. The Government of the Slovak Republic approved the establishment of the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic for the support of mobility of students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists in 2005. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP) is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic supports study/research/teaching/artistic mobility of international students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists at higher education institutions and research organisations. It supports two-way mobility – international scholarship holders to Slovakia, as well as Slovak scholarship holders abroad. The programme offers scholarships to cover living costs during the stay and travel allowances (all categories in case of scholarship holders from Slovakia; students and PhD students in case of international scholarship holders
The program application ending October 31, 2020 is dedicated to PhD student for study or research mobility in any program under the following categories:
- Natural Sciences
- Technical Sciences
- Agriculture Sciences
- Social Sciences
Selected applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- Selected PhD students will be eligible for a scholarship worth 734 € per month.
- The scholarship shall also cover their living costs including accommodation and boarding expenses board during their scholarship stay in Slovakia.
- Selected PhD students can be awarded a travel allowance, if they apply for it along with their scholarship application.
- This allowance is given as a lump sum and it will be paid to the scholarship holder at the end of his/her stay together with the last scholarship payment.
- The travel allowance amount depends on the distance (in a direct line) between applicant’s place of residence and the place of his/her stay in Slovakia:
- Payment for a distance up to 350 km – 0 €,
- Payment for a distance more than 350 km, max. 2,000 km – 250 €,
- The Payment for a distance more than 2,000 km, max. 7,000 km – 500 €,
- Payment for a distance more than 7,000 km – 1 000 €.
You must fulfill the following conditions in order to be eligible to apply for the program
- Applicants must citizens of the following countries (See List Here)
- You must be a PhD student with your higher education or scientific training taking place outside Slovakia
- Applicants must be accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme for an academic mobility to study/conduct research in Slovakia
- You must be ready to spend the whole period of your mobility in Slovakia of up to 1 – 10 months
You are advised to submit your online scholarship application online via the provided address. Online application system is opened at least 6 weeks prior to the application deadline. Applications can be filled in only in case that the online application system has already been opened.
Applicants will be required to submit the following documents
- Your most recent curriculum vitae
- A detailed motivation letter
- A detailed study/research/artistic programme
- A recommendation letter issued by applicant’s dissertation supervisor which is not older than 3 months on the day of the application deadline
- A confirmation issued by the applicant’s home university/research organisation confirming that the applicant is on the application deadline a regular PhD student of the respective university/research organisation
- A scan of applicant’s master’s diploma, diploma supplement and state examination certificate (if applicable);
- list of publications/artistic activities in required form
- An admission/invitation letter issued by applicant’s host university/research organisation in Slovakia indicating the period of stay.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here