Deadline : October 31, 2021
Apply for the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic 2021 in Slovakia. Under the Government of the Slovak Republic approval, the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic was established to the support of mobility of International Undergraduate and graduate students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists. This Scholarship Programme aims to support study/research/teaching/artistic mobility of international students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists. Scholars are able to travel to Slovakia for scholarship stays at higher education institutions and research organisation.
Applicants for this scholarship programme must be International students, PhD scholars and researchers, Teachers and Artists at universities and institutions outside Slovakia. The programme offers selected applicants scholarships to cover their living living costs during the stay and travel allowances. Mobilities range between 1 and 2 semesters for students and 1 to 10 months for PhD scholars, Researchers and Teachers
The program application ending October 31, 2021 is dedicated to Bachelor’s student who have already completed at least 2.5 years of their University Studies, master’s students and PhD students, for study or research mobility in any program under the following categories:
- Natural Sciences
- Technical Sciences
- Agriculture Sciences
- Social Sciences
Selected applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- University students will receive a scholarship amount worth 400 € per month for the entire duration of their stay.
- Selected PhD students will be eligible for a scholarship worth 734 € per month.
- University Teachers, researchers and Artists will receive a scholarship amount worth between 734 € and 1,050 € per month.
- The scholarship shall also cover their living costs including accommodation and boarding expenses board during their scholarship stay in Slovakia.
- Selected Applicants can be awarded a travel allowance, if they apply for it along with their scholarship application.
- This allowance is given as a lump sum and it will be paid to the scholarship holder at the end of his/her stay together with the last scholarship payment.
- The travel allowance amount depends on the distance (in a direct line) between applicant’s place of residence and the place of his/her stay in Slovakia:
- Payment for a distance up to 350 km – 0 €,
- A Payment for a distance more than 350 km, max. 2,000 km – 250 €,
- The Payment for a distance more than 2,000 km, max. 7,000 km – 500 €,
- Payment for a distance more than 7,000 km – 1 000 €.
You must fulfill the following conditions in order to be eligible to apply for the program
- Applicants must citizens of the following countries (See List Here)
- Candidates must be International students, PhD scholars and researchers, Teachers and Artists at universities and institutions outside Slovakia.
- Applicants must be accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme for an academic mobility to study/conduct research in Slovakia
- You must be ready to spend the whole period of your mobility in Slovakia of up to 1-2 semesters or 1 – 10 months
You are advised to submit your online scholarship application online via the provided address. Online application system is opened at least 6 weeks prior to the application deadline. You will be able to complete and submit application when the online application system has already been opened.
Applicants will be required to submit several supporting documents including the following:
- Your most recent curriculum vitae
- A detailed motivation letter
- Well drafted and detailed study/research/artistic programme
- A recommendation letter issued by applicant’s dissertation supervisor which is not older than 3 months on the day of the application deadline
- Submit a confirmation issued by the applicant’s home university/research organisation confirming that the applicant is on the application deadline a regular Student or PhD scholar of the respective university/research organisation
- A scan of applicant’s master’s diploma, diploma supplement and state examination certificate (if applicable);
- list of publications/artistic activities in required form
- An admission/invitation letter issued by applicant’s host university/research organisation in Slovakia indicating the period of stay.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here