Deadline : March 28, 2022
Apply for the New Zealand government Scholarships for international tertiary students. New Zealand offers scholarships to eligible citizens from developing countries to study abroad at a New Zealand education institution or university or at a Pacific university. Students from selected candidates from Pacific countries, Asian countries, African countries, Caribbean countries, Latin American countries, Commonwealth countries can apply for several opportunities at different levels of study.
This year however, the New Zealand Scholarships are only available to citizens from countries in the pacific region. Applicants from these countries have the choice of choosing between two full scholarship options, to study in New Zealand or at a Pacific university
- Scholarships to study in New Zealand: These scholarships are offered at tertiary level to high school leavers who wish to study for an undergraduate course in New Zealand lasting 3-4 years.
- Scholarships to study at a Pacific university: These scholarships are offered for study at one of four universities in Fiji, Papua New Guinea or Vanuatu’. Applicants may apply to study for and Undergraduate Degree (3-4 years), Postgraduate Certificate (6 months), Postgraduate Diploma (1 year), Master’s Degree (1-2 years) or PhD (3.5 years)
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- Selected students will receive an economy class air ticket to travel between an international airport in their home country and New Zealand or a destination pacific university.
- On arrival, students will have arrangements for airport reception and accommodation.
- You will receive an establishment allowance for you to settle in
- There is a weekly stipend to selected students to meet their daily living expenses for the entire duration.
- The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees including compulsory enrollment, orientation and student union fees
- Up on completion of your studies, you will be offered a standard economy class air ticket for travel back home to your home country
- The scholarship also covers your insurance including health care and travel coverage
- PhD students as well as Masters students will receive a research and thesis allowance, and provision for overseas fieldwork travel
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Applications are only open to students from the following countries (Please see full list here)
- Candidates must must be 18 years old or older at the time of commencement of their scholarship
- Although there is no age limit, preference is given to we do prefer applicants who are under 40 years of age.
- Short listed candidates will be required to provide proof of sufficient English language proficiency as set by each University. Generally, to study for a postgraduate qualification or undergraduate, you must have at least:
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 and no band less than 6.0 or 5.5 for Undergraduate.
- A TOEFL score of 90 or 80 for undergraduate, on the internet-based test with a writing score of 21
- Overall PTE Academic score of 58 with no communicative skills score less than 50
- A Cambridge Academic English (advanced) overall score of 176 with no bands less than 169.
- Applicants for postgraduate scholarships who finished high school a few years ago, must have relevant work experience.
Application processes for scholarships in New Zeeland and Pacific universities as well as deadline differ. Candidates must complete and submit their applications using the online application porta provided. You will be able to complete your application from 12.00am Monday February 28, 2022 to 12.00pm Monday 28, 2022.
Applicants will need to submit the following information.
- You will have to submit your bio-data including your name, birth date, physical address and phone number.
- Applicants will be requested to submit their preferred courses and the education institution for which they wish to apply for the scholarship.
- Submit information on qualifications you have already completed.
- You will also need to list any awards or prizes you have won.
- For applicants applying for Postgraduate programmes, they will have to provide the details of previous jobs or work experience.
- You will need to submit your copy of your academic records or transcripts, showing your grades
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here