Deadline : May 28, 2020 .
Apply for the Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship (NUORS) in the UK. Do you want to extend your subject knowledge past undergraduate level? Perhaps specialise in an academic field, or gain a competitive edge in the jobs market? They can help you find the right study option for you.
Newcastle University is committed to offering support to the very best international students hoping to pursue a programme of research. We are pleased to offer a small number of University funded NUORS awards for outstanding international students who apply to commence PhD studies in any subject in 2020/21.
Newcastle University is home to teaching and research across a diverse and exciting range of subject areas. We have over 200 undergraduate and 300 postgraduate degrees to choose from. We're proud to have achieved a Gold Award in the UK Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) - a ringing endorsement of our long tradition of excellence in teaching.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- The University offers 15 scholarships for this academic year
- This award covers the difference between home and overseas fee rates (value approximately £12,900 to £19,300 per annum).
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- you have been offered a place on a PhD research programme
- you have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes, and are wholly or partially self-financing
- you intend to register to start your studies during the 2020/21 academic year.
- Applications for a NUORS award cannot be made for a course that has already been started by a student.
- Applicants must already have been offered a place on a PhD research programme before applying. Applications made without this will not be considered.
- Additionally, applicants must be applying for a course of study based at our Newcastle Campus; courses based in London, Malaysia or Singapore are not eligible for this award.
To apply you must follow the following procedure
- You must apply or have already applied for and been offered a place to study at Newcastle University before you apply for a NUORS award.
- You will also be required to provide details of an academic referee; the University will then contact your referee directly.
To apply, Click here