Nottingham and Anne McLaren Research Fellows at the University of Nottingham (Fully Funded)
Deadline: August 20, 2019
Apply for the Nottingham and Anne McLaren Research Fellows at the University of Nottingham.The prestigious fellowship schemes are a fundamental part of their mission for the delivery of exceptional research that changes lives in the UK and across the world.
They are recruiting 100 Nottingham and Anne McLaren Research Fellows to help achieve this vision.
They have two schemes, each offering the same package of support:
- Anne McLaren Fellowships are aimed at outstanding female scholars in science, technology, engineering and medicine, who are at the early stage of their academic careers and wish to establish a research career in the UK
- Nottingham Research Fellowships are targeted at exceptional postdoctoral researchers in all academic disciplines represented at the University
As one of our fellows, you will enhance our diverse, thriving community of outstanding early career researchers. You will join a University with an international reputation for transformative discoveries and:
- Take a prestigious first step into an independent research career
- Receive three year’s independent research funding
- Have a role linked to a permanent academic position at the University
- three years’ independent research funding, covering salary costs at c. £40,000-48,000
- the link to a permanent academic post, subject to performance
- additional funding for research expenses totalling £75,000
- childcare costs of up to £5,000 per annum
- access to mentoring, career development and networking with the wider fellowship community
- the opportunity to spend time at University of Nottingham campuses in China and Malaysia
- Candidates must have been awarded their PhD – or equivalent such as postgraduate MD/DM for clinical applicants – prior to the closing date for registering interest in the scheme (22 August 2019).
- This scheme is aimed at early career researchers, and candidates do not normally have more than eight years’ post-doctoral experience. However, there are no eligibility rules based on years of post-doctoral experience as this doesn’t allow for variations of career paths across disciplines. Candidates will be assessed on their quality, potential and track record, relative to their career stage.
- Candidates for the Anne McLaren Fellowships must be pursuing a career in a STEM subject. Female scholars are typically under-represented in STEM subjects and female applicants are strongly encouraged.
- Candidates for the Nottingham Research Fellowships can be from any academic discipline across the University.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- An outstanding track record of research including high-quality publications, research funding and/or prizes and awards
- Evidence of a growing reputation, both nationally and internationally
- An aptitude to lead and inspire others within the research team and institution more broadly
- Potential to act as an ambassador in their research field and more widely
To apply, please ensure you have completed the following mandatory steps:
- Identify your host school/faculty from the list below
- Contact the identified school contact to discuss your research proposal – see list below. Check whether the school/faculty has strategic areas where they particularly welcome applications
- Follow the link (below) to the online form for your host school/faculty and ensure you upload your CV and research proposal. The format of the CV/Research Proposal is provided in the individual application links below.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit Nottingham Fellowships .