Deadline : October 6, 2023
Apply for the Nottingham and Anne McLaren Research Fellows programme at the University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom. This prestigious fellowships program is funded as part of the University’s mission for the delivery of exceptional research that changes lives in the UK and across the world.
The University aims to recruit approximately 100 Nottingham and Anne McLaren Research Fellows to help achieve this vision.
Funding is offered under the following two schemes, each offering the same package of support.
- Anne McLaren Fellowships: These fellowships are dedicated to outstanding female scholars in science, technology, engineering and medicine. Scholars must be at the early stage of their academic careers and are interested in a research career in the UK.
- Nottingham Research Fellowships: These fellowships are dedicated to exceptional postdoctoral researchers. They are offered for academic disciplines available at the University of Nottingham.
Prospective fellows must register and apply for available postdoctoral positions at the different faculties at the University before they are considered for one of the funding schemes. Funding is usually offered for a duration of 3 year
Selected fellows will have access to the following benefits
- You will receive three years worth of independent research funding. This funding aims to cover salary costs worth between £43,155- £54,421
- You fellowship may link to a permanent academic post for scholars who demonstrate excellent performance
- Fellows will also receive an additional funding for research expenses worth up to £75,000
- Those with children will receive coverage for childcare costs worth up to £15,000 per year
- The programme also offers access to mentoring services. You will have access to career development opportunities and the opportunity to network with the wider fellowship community
To apply for the fellowships mentioned above, you must meet the following conditions
- Fellowships are open to international applicants who are interested in a postgraduate academic position at the university of Nottingham.
- Applicants must have completed their PhD at the time of application.
- Normally, early career researchers, and candidates who have not yet accumulated more than eight years’ post-doctoral experience are welcome to apply for these fellowships.
- For the Anne McLaren Fellowships, applicants must be female students who are pursuing a career in a STEM subject.
- The Nottingham Research Fellowships is open to all candidates for any academic discipline at any faculty at the University of Nottingham.
- Suitable candidates must demonstrate an outstanding track record of research including high-quality publications, research funding and/or prizes and awards.
- You must have evidence of a growing reputation, at a nationally and internationally stage.
Interested applicants are advised to follow the steps below to successfully compete their applications
- You must first Identify a school/faculty of your choice at the University of Nottingham. A full list of all available faculties is available at the programme website.
- Applicants must then contact the faculty to apply for available positions and discuss their research proposal.
- Candidates will be required to submit an online form through their host school/faculty. You will also be required to upload your CV and research proposal.
- The deadline for application is October 6, 2023.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here