Deadline : April 8, 2020 .
Apply for the One Young World Summit Leading Africa Scholarship 2020 in Berlin, Germany. The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political and business leaders. Are you a young leader from America/Asia/Europe? You could attend the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany from 14 – 17 October
The Leading Africa Scholarship is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Africa are represented at the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich. In the midst of these challenges and opportunities faced by the African continent, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Therefore, One Young World is looking to bring these brains to the next annual Summit.
City Profile: Munich, Bavaria’s capital, is home to centuries-old buildings and numerous museums. The city is known for its annual Oktoberfest celebration and its beer halls, including the famed Hofbräuhaus, founded in 1589. In the Altstadt (Old Town), central Marienplatz square contains landmarks such as Neo-Gothic Neues Rathaus (town hall), with a popular glockenspiel show that chimes and reenacts stories from the 16th century. With a population of around 1.5 million, it is the third-largest city in Germany, after Berlin and Hambur
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 14 October and 17 October 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Rate this Post
User Review( vote)
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be aged 18 - 30 and :
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- You must be a citizen of the following countries
- Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana
- Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde
- Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros Congo, The Democratic Republic of the Congo
- The Republic of the Cote d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt
- Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea Ethiopia, eSwatini
- Gabon, Gambia, The Ghana, Guinea
- Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho Liberia
- Libya, State of Madagascar, Malawi, Mali
- Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco Mozambique
- Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda
- Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone
- Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan
- Tanzania, United Republic of Togo, Tunisia, Uganda
- Zambia, Zimbabwe