Deadline : October 14, 2021
Apply for the One Young World Young Health Programme Scholarship in Tokyo, Japan. The annual One Young World Summit converges every year bringing together the world’s brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. The Young Health Programme | One Young World Scholarship aims to offer an opportunity to young delegates to attend the 2022 Summit in Japan. This program aims to identify, empower and build young leaders who are tackling the burden of NCDs through advocacy, innovation and the delivery of primary health services.
The Young Health Programme sponsored in partnership with AstraZeneca’s Young Health Programme. This partnership is part of AstraZeneca’s sustainability ambition, to use its capabilities to make a meaningful impact where society needs it, that is, health. The YHP is a disease prevention programme with a unique focus on young people aged 10 to 24 living in vulnerable and under-resourced settings around the world.
At the end of the Summit, Delegates become One Young World Ambassadors. They return to their communities and organizations with the means and motivation to make a difference, accessing the global network of 12,000+ young leaders to accelerate existing initiatives or establish new ventures. This year, AstraZeneca is collaborating with One Young World to offer 15 scholarships to inspiring young leaders to attend the Summit.
Selected delegates will receive the following benefits.
- You will receive Hotel accommodation in Tokyo between 21 and 26 May 2022.
- Selected participants will receive a return air for travel to and from Tokyo
- You will have full access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo Japan from May 23 to May 26 2022.
- Delegates will have the opportunity to attend the exclusive Youth Health Programme pre-Summit and post summit workshop.
- Coverage for Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner During the Summit.
- Ground transportation between Summit venues and Delegates’ accommodation will also be covered.
- Discretionary funds to cover reasonable out of pocket expenses connected with getting to and from the Summit. These can be claimed by Scholars after the Summit.
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Nationals and citizens of all countries are welcome to apply for the scholarship.
- You must be aged 18 – 30 and are able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrate commitment to addressing health and wellbeing in a local, national or global community, with a specific focus on child and adolescent health and/or disease prevention and/or social determinants of health programming.
- Posses leadership ability in championing and galvanizing stakeholders around their chosen cause or issue.
- Have the capacity for innovation and problem solving that is entrepreneurial and values-driven.
- Demonstrate concern for local and global issues.
- Have the experience of working towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
Applications for the scholarship are submitted online using the application portal provided of the scholarship website. The application process involves the following steps.
- You will have to provide your bio-data and other information required for evaluation and selection of eligible candidates.
- Applicants will be required to submit several essays that answer the following topic
- You will be asked to give issues that matter the most to you when it come to young people.
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate how they are making an impact on the health and wellbeing if young people in their communities
- An essay explaining the reasons you wish to participate in the summit through the YHP scholarship.
Please remember that the deadline for applying for the scholarship is October 14, 2021. Good luck
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here