Deadline : September 5, 2020
The Our Ocean conferences and Summits were initiated by Secretary of State John Kerry in 2014, with the aim to put oceans on the foreign policy agenda, and create a platform where leaders from government, business and civil society meet on an equal footing to promote action and innovation for clean, healthy and productive oceans.
Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit 2020 therefore, serves as the youth component of the 7th Our Ocean Conference which will be held December 6-8 in the beautiful Republic of Palau. Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit 2020 is organized and facilitated by Heirs To Our Oceans and, for the first time in the history of the Summit, islander and indigenous youth of coastal communities will make up the majority of the Summit and be supported to attend as they are on the front lines of the climate and ocean crises.
One of the aims of the Summit will be to celebrate diversity and encourage youth to join hands and in heart to co-create a world that protects our earth’s waters and nurtures the humanity that shares it. We can transcend our borders to connect with each other and reconnect with the natural world of which all are each a part. The ocean, it doesn’t divide us, it unites us in its beauty and gifts and in purpose of protecting it and taking on its challenges. We need the ocean as much as, or more than, it needs us. Let’s do this, together!
- The summit organizers have put in place financial assistance scholarships for participants who would have difficulties attending the summit
- Need-based scholarships, full and partial, are being offered to youth while funds last.
- You must be aged between 14-22 years of age if living in Palau,
- For international applicants, you need to be betwwen 16-22 years of age.
- You shoud have concern about the crises our Blue Planet is facing
- Applicants must be committed to being a part of the solution for your and future generations
- You are adventurous wanting to experience various cultures within diverse group
- Applicants must be open-minded and willing to share and learn with others cooperatively
Interested applicants are advised to fill out the online application to apply for attending the 2020 Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit that will be hosted in Palau.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here