Deadline : December 30, 2021
Apply for the PASIFIC Fellowship Programme at the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAS) in Poland. The PASIFIC Fellowship Programme is a unique opportunity dedicated to researchers who wish to undertake state-of-the-art research in a dynamic scientific environment. This fellowship aims to enable scholars from all nationalities around the world and across all scientific disciplines to establish their scientific independence and conduct ground-breaking research.
The fellowship is set to run for 2 years during which selected fellows will be hosted at one of the institutes within the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAS), regarded as one of the most prestigious research institutions in Poland. During your research fellowship period in Poland, you will have the freedom to choose your own research area, research supervisor, host institute along with the secondment organizations best suited for your research and career development.
The Polish Academy of Sciences (PAS) was founded in 1952 and has since grown to be one of the most prominent scientific institutions and the largest scientific network in Poland. The Academy is also a network of up to 68 research institutes and the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology that cover all research disciplines.
Fellows will be eligible for the following benefits
- As a PASIFIC Fellow, you will be offered a monthly allowance of approx. €2,500 net for the whole period of your research.
- If you intend to go to Poland together with your family, you may be entitled to an additional family allowance.
- You will also be granted a research budget of up to €93,000 per project.
- The PASIFIC Fellowship Programme is open to researchers of any nationality from all around the world and covers all scientific disciplines.
- You must posses at least a doctoral degree or 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience at the time of application.
- This means you should hold a degree entitling you to embark on a doctoral programme and have at least four years of documented research experience.
- You must comply with the MSCA mobility rule which requires that you must not have been a resident of Poland or carried out your main activities which may include work or studies in Poland for more than one year out of the three years by the time of application.
For the 2022 session, the program will select 50 outstanding scientists in two calls announced. Applications for the first call will be open from till December 30, 2021 in which all interested applicants will be obliged to fill in the online application form. Therefore, You are advised to use this time to prepare until the application is opened.
Please remember that before applying for the PASIFIC Fellowship, you will need to identify your preferred PAS Institute along with a Potential Supervisor. Your Supervisor must commit to supporting your research and deem your research area acceptable. He or She will also issue you a letter of support which will also be signed the director of the host institute.
The applicantion will also require you to submit the following support documents
- Your most recent CV and a track record of your recent scientific achievements
- You will need a research project description with a maximum of 10 pages
- Applicants will need o include their Supervisor’s CV and a description of the project’s impact on the institute’s scientific environment
- Your PhD diploma, and/ or documents confirming the equivalent 4-year research experience
- A Letter of support from your potential supervisor and host institution
For the application guide, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here