Deadline : May 7, 2021
Apply for the Electrochemical carbon capture PhD Research Position at Wetsus in the Netherlands. This research runs under the theme: Electrochemical carbon capture – novel electrochemically-assisted processes for electricity-driven CO2 capture and carbon-neutral production of minerals (ConsenCUS). This research experience will offer you the opportunity to advance your research know how, working in a new, innovative, dynamic, idea driven and future-directed research institute
The main aim of this project is to optimize and upscale and innovative a capture technology based on CO2 absorption in alkaline blends, which is then followed by an electrochemical regeneration/desorption. Researchers will have to tackle the main challenge to the process, which is, to develop novel cell designs to increase the process performance, in terms of high CO2 capture rate, high current efficiency, and low energy consumption.
About the Organization
Wetsus is a European centre of excellence for sustainable water technology dedicated to research and innovation in t field of Water technology. Th organization aims to creates a unique environment and strategic cooperation for development of profitable and sustainable state of the art water treatment technology.
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- If selected or this position, you will have the opportunity to put your mark on the development of new water technology
- The salary and working conditions for Researchers are normally according to the collective labor agreement of the Cooperative Association of Dutch Universities (VSNU) for PhD students.
- Usually, PhD student are eligible for the following salary denominations through out your placement at Wetsus.
- €32.550 (year 1), €37.926 (year 2), €39.690(year 3) and €41.608 (year 4).
- You must hold a MSc degree in chemical engineering/chemistry or equivalent,
- Candidates must have completed their degree before the start date of the position (1st September 2021) with excellent grades
- You must have a strong background in electrochemistry, at both theory and experimental levels
- Demonstrate hands on experience with electrochemical workstation
- You must exhibit the ability to work independently in laboratory, and to rigorously design and perform experiments in a result-oriented and thorough manner
- You must posses personal knowledge and skills with a strong interest in carrying out multidiscipline research in a highly international environment
- Have Excellent interpersonal skills essential for working effectively with team members from different backgrounds
- You must have proof of both oral and written communication skills in English with a minimum of CEFR Level B2
After submitting your application, the review and selection process will be done as described below
- The selection committee will make its selection based on the required application documents
- You may be invited for a video interview as part of the review process
- The final selection during a recruitment challenge held at Wetsus in Leeuwarden.
Applicants are rated according to points accumulated following the criteria below.
- The candidate’s Motivation – 10 points
- Your Research excellence – 50 points
- Candidate’s Enthusiasm – 10 points
- Your Initiative & independency – 15 points
- Communication skills – 15 points
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here