Deadline : November 12, 2020
Apply for open PhD positions in Engineering and Mathematics at Max Planck Institute. The International Max Planck Research School for Advanced Methods in Process and Systems Engineering (IMPRS ProEng) is a graduate school jointly run by the Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems (MPI) and the Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg (OVGU)
The International Max Planck Research Institute aims, through combining cutting edge mathematical and systems-oriented engineering research driven by challenging questions arising from the analysis, design, optimisation of chemical and biochemical processes, to bring together students from various engineering disciplines, natural scientists, and mathematicians into a structured PhD programme and exploit the abilitry for methods from Mathematics, Systems Theory and Systems Engineering to act as a connecting bridge between different applications.
Through this structured program, talented junior scientists will have the opportunity to obtain a doctorate under excellent research conditions, a multidisciplinary environment and close scientific supervision. With diverse talent and an extensive curriculum designed to train both scientific and soft skills qualifies, selected students have the opportunity to lead the next generation of successful scientists and professionals.
- Selected recipients will receive a semester contribution amounts to 128.50 EUR per semester.
- The stipend also includes public transport.
- You will be residing in Magdeburg, a very convenient city to live well with reasonable rent, especially for students, and nice apartments.
- Applicants and eligible candidates are students with an excellent Master Degree or a degrees equivalent to the German Diploma in the following areas
- Chemical engineering and bioengineering,
- Systems and control theory and
- You are required to have solid expertise in the area of research of the research group you apply for.
- Applicants are required to have excellent fluency in English
- Candidates should be highly motivated and ambitious, be able to work independently and also as team players.
- The Max Planck Society and the Otto von Guericke University are committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply since the Max Planck Society and the Otto von Guericke University seek to increase the number of women in those scientific areas where they are underrepresented
You must submit your application online using the provided online application form. Applicants must make sure that they have completed a masters a degree in one of the specified filed above. If you have nit yet completed your masters degree, you can already submit your application before you get the official degree, however, you need to indicate the expected date of your degree, and submit the most updated academic transcripts. Along with the application form, you will have to submit the following supporting documents
- Your most recent CV
- A motivation letter
- Applicants must submit all their university degrees and transcripts of grades (in German or English),
- Two reference letters and
- Proof of English proficiency.
To see other open PhD positions, Click on the link here
For more information, visit the official website here