Deadline : August 31, 2020
Apply for the DAAD Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience (PRIME) for postgraduate researchers at German Universities in Germany. This program was introduced in 2014 by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with its major aim, to support the international mobility of postdoctoral researchers by temporary positions at German universities in place of conventional scholarships.
The Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience (PRIME) is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the European Union providing funding for up to 18 months, in which 12 months have to be spent abroad and 6 months (re-integration phase) at a German university.
The re-integration phase is mandatory. The German university administrates the salary during the whole funding period. PRIME is open to both Germans and foreigners, no matter whether they are currently living in Germany or abroad. You are eligible to apply if you already hold a PhD or if you will have completed your PhD before the prospective starting date of your PRIME fellowship
Once selected for the program, you will be eligible fir the following benefits
- The program Funding will be provided through an 18-month temporary job position at the selected German university. The position will be remunerated according to the appropriate rate for postdoctoral researchers
- DAAD will provide the respective universities with a grant agreement to cover the costs for the regular salary and an additional monthly expatriate allowance for the research stay abroad.
- An additional lump sum travel allowance in accordance with DAAD rates for the selected candidate and, if applicable, accompanying spouse or partner (within the meaning of the German law on civil partnerships)and children will be paid directly by DAAD.
Applicants must fullfull the following requirements in order to be considered for the program
- Applicants must have completed their PhD before starting the fellowship;
- Applicants must comply with the programme’s mobility rule:
- They are free to choose any country (except Germany) as destination for their research stay abroad, provided they have not resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in that country for more than 12 months in total during the three years preceding the application deadline of 31 August 2021.
- Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention is not taken into account.
- If the research stay abroad is to be undertaken in a country other than an EU member state (MS) or an associated country (AC), the applicant must either be a national/resident citizen of an EU MS or AC, or have been continuously active in research for five years’ full-time equivalent in a MS or AC, immediately prior to the time of recruitment. If this condition is not met, the applicant will be deemed ineligible
- Applicants who are already permanently employed by the research milieu where the research training activities are planned to take place and that is recruiting them may not be supported;
- Applicants must accept that the research stay abroad and the return phase to Germany are both mandatory parts of the programme
The following documents have to be submitted:
- completed application form;
- curriculum vitae with no chronological gaps and in tabular form in accordance with EU standards (or equivalent)
- short summary of the research project with a clearly recognizable working title and an indication of keywords. The summary should enable the assignment to a specific subject area and be suitable for use as preliminary information for potential reviewers. The length of the summary should not exceed 2,000 characters (including spaces);
- a detailed and independently prepared research proposal upon which both the German and foreign host institutions have agreed.
- In the evaluation of the proposal particular emphasis will be placed on the quality of the research plan.
- It should detail the preliminary work undertaken and the relevance of the topic for research, and explain why the chosen institutions are especially suitable for the realization of the planned project.
- The strategy for the investigation of the scientific problem should be readily understandable and the choice of methods and work equipment be adequately established.
- Please provide a precise description and a clear presentation. The total length of the research proposal should not exceed 20,000 characters (including spaces, but not bibliographical references). Bibliographical references may be included as an annex; 5. time schedule for the realization of the planned work abroad and in Germany (e.g. in the form of a bar chart/Gantt-Chart)
- Certificates of the two most recent academic degrees (usually doctorate and master or comparable degree) with a transcript of records.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here