Deadline : May 15, 2021
Apply for the 2021 Qatar University Scholarships for international students for the Spring Session. Qatar University supports a wide variety of scholarships recipients each academic year in order to attract highly qualified students. While the vast majority of academic scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and scholarly achievement.
This scholarship is offered by the University to the admitted students in the university. The applicants to this scholarship may be nominated by their embassies or may apply directly to Qatar University. Applications are now open to Bachelor’s degree applicants who are applying to start their studies during the Spring Selection. There are two types of these scholarships which are internal and external Scholarships. International students must apply for an eternal scholarship that fits their profile.
Scholarships for the spring admission session are solely dedicate only to first bachelor students and students who transfer from other universities to Qatar University. Non-degree applicants, visiting students, and applicants seeking a second bachelor’s degree are not eligible for academic scholarships offered by Qatar University
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- All scholarships cover the cost of tuition fees while the benefits of some scholarships may also include one or more of the following benefits:
- The cost of textbooks fees free accommodation in university dormitories,
- You will receive a yearly airfare ticket to your home country. Please note that this benefit is available for international students who granted an external scholarship only and under the sponsorship of the university.
All scholarship students must commit to maximum duration which is the proposed duration of the academic program that he/she is studying at.
- You must satisfy the admission criteria for your preferred degree programme
- These scholarships are dedicated to newly admitted applicants and must get the final acceptance in the university if they are to be considered.
- Applicants must have achieved excellent grades during their high school studies.
- Scholarship recipients must register and pass 12 credit hours in each regular semester.
- You must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 out of 4 for Islamic world and other countries scholarships, H.H. the Emir o Qatar’s Scholarships for Academic Excellence , and Outstanding Performance Scholarships.
- If a student receives 2 Scholarship Warnings (from the same type) or exceeded the maximum duration condition:
- Internal Scholarship: the scholarship will be stopped, and the student can continue studying at Qatar University but has to pay full tuition fees on his own.
- External Scholarship: the scholarship will be stopped; student’s residency will be canceled and the student will be given a one-way ticket to go back to his country, as long as Qatar University is his sponsor.
- After the student’s scholarship has been canceled, student will not be eligible to receive that scholarship again, regardless of whether the situation is amended.
All new undergraduate applicants intending to study at Qatar University are required to apply to their intended college of study using the QU online admission application. Along with this application, you must also submit several supporting documents. Selection for the scholarships will be done after students have received their admissions.
- Complete Online Admissions Application must be accompanied with an e-payment of QR 200 (non-refundable)
- Applicants must upload passport size photograph and a copy of their passport through the online admission application by the admission deadline.
- You must also include your High school transcript:
- Applicants are required to submit official test score reports if the Colleges that they are applying to require Foundation Program
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here