Deadline : November 1, 2023
Applications are open for the Québec Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Students (PBEEE). The Scholarship program is managed by the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT) supervised and commissioned by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec (MEES) which provides the funding.
Target Audience: The Québec Merit Scholarship Program invites applications from students of all countries from all around the world. However, four specific components have also been reserved for students from Brazil, India, Israel and Wallonia as a result of agreements concluded between Québec and foreign governments. Applicants can apply for Masters research, Doctoral research, Postdoctoral and Short-term research scholarships
Aim of the Program: This Merit Scholarships Program for Foreign Students (PBEEE) aims to support the internationalization of research activities in Québec’s institutions of higher education thereby attracting the best foreign researchers and students, and thus promoting abroad Québec universities and College Centres for the Transfer of Technologies (CCTT).
Interested applicants both students and researchers can apply for the scholarship in different sectors including health, humanities and social sciences, arts and letters, natural sciences, and engineering, preselected by different Québec university, to begin or continue studies or research activities in Québec.
- All scholarship recipients will receive an exemption from paying the higher tuition fees required for foreign students.
- You will receive a medical insurance coverage offered by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
- The scholarship value is as presented here below
- Master’s research scholarship (VM) worth a year $20,000 awarded is 6 instalments (6 semesters) totaling $40,000.
- Doctoral research scholarships (V1, 1B, 1C, 1I, 1IS, 1M, 1W): $25,000 a year. The duration of the scholarship is three years, with a possible extension of up to 12 months .
- Postdoctoral scholarships (V2, 2B, 2C, 2I, 2M): $35,000 for one year (cannot be renewed).
- Short-term research or professional development scholarships (V3, 3B, 3C, 3I, 3IS, 3M, 3W): $3,000 a month for a period of up to four months.
- You must have been preselected by a university or Synchronex (a CCTT).
- For the Québec-China scholarship, must be preselected by the CSC.
- You must not be a recipient of the Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students from MEES, FRQNT or theFonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (FRQSC).
- Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada may not apply.
- The scholarships are allocated as shown below
- All countries scholarships: Masters Research, Doctoral research, Postdoctoral and Short-term research scholarships (VM, V1, V2, V3)
- Québec-Brazil scholarships: Doctoral research, Postdoctoral and Short-term research scholarships (1B, 2B, 3B)
- Québec-India scholarships: Doctoral research, Postdoctoral and Short-term research scholarships (1I, 2I, 3I)
- Québec-Israel scholarships: Doctoral research, and Short-term research scholarships (1IS, 3IS)
- Québec-Wallonia scholarships: Doctoral research, and Short-term research scholarships (1W, 3W)
Before applying for the scholarship, you must submit an application for preselection by a Québec university or Synchronex or by a selection body designated for your country as already specified above in the eligibility section. You can find the list of persons in charge of preselection at Québec university here
To apply for the scholarship, you must be pre-selected by a Québec university or CCTT network as of September 30, 2023. You are advised to apply for you program as early as possible and contact the respective authority for your pre-selection
Along with the application form, candidates will have to submit the following documents
- A copy of the identification page of a valid passport from the candidate’s country of origin or of any official document that enables the candidate’s citizenship to be determined
- Transcripts for every year of all university studies, whether completed or not (certificates, diplomas, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D. etc.).
- Acknowledgements of receipt from the editor for all articles submitted and notices received from editors for articles accepted for publication
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit here