Deadline : August 5, 2022
Apply for the Québec Merit scholarships for Vocational training International students in Canada. There are two programs being financed by the Ministry of Education and Higher Learning (MEES) and managed by Éducation internationale through its Québec métiers d’avenir service. These are:
- The Merit scholarship Programme
- Tuition exemption programme
The main objectives of the scholarships include the following:
- The scholarships aim to support the internationalisation of vocational training centers in Canada.
- These programmes aim to give talented international students the opportunity travel to Canada and undergo vocational training in Québec
- The programmes aim to enhance a steady offer and wide coverage of vocational training.
About the program: The Merit Scholarships program for foreign students is offered to students who wish to pursue vocational training, technical training at the college level, or studies at the university level. This program is offered in order to attract the best international candidates for studies in Québec and to encourage student recruitment in programs with good job and research prospects.
There are 2 programs being financed by the Ministry of Education and Higher Learning (MEES)
- Full Merit Scholarship : This scholarship covers the following
- You will receive exemption from supplementary tuition fees that are paid by international students
- The scholarship will cover your Health insurance coverage as provided by Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ)
- You will receive a scholarship award ranging between $14 000 and $ 26 000. The amount offered depends on the duration of the chosen training program.
- The scholarship award may be used to cover your living expenses during your studies in Canada
- You must prove that you have a minimum of CAD 3 000 to cover your immigration processing costs and transport to Canada, since these are not covered by the scholarship
- Tuition Exemption Scholarship
- Candidates selected will receive exemption from supplementary tuition fees payable by international students
- To qualify for this scholarship, you must prove that you have a minimum of CAD 15, 000 since no amount is offered to cover your living expenses
The MEM Summer Summit welcomes applications from candidates:
- You must be intending to pursue full-time studies in a vocational training program leading to one of the following:
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS)
- Attestation of Vocational Specialization (AVS)
- Applicants must non-French and non-Canadian Citizens.
- Although all other countries are welcome to apply, priority will be given to applicants from member countries of the Francophonie, and countries of the leading markets of Asia and the Americas (Full List here)
- Applicants must not hold Canadian permanent residence status or be in the process of obtaining the permanent residence
- You must be residing outside of Canada at the time of submission of your application
- There is no maximum age limit for applicants but applicants must be over 18 years of age
- You must not have been a beneficiary of a scholarship awards for studies of the same level as or higher than the DEP in Quebec.
- Applicants must not be awarded any other scholarships within the same academic year as the program
Interested applicants must first choose the training program and training center of their choice from the list that is accessible via the official programme website. You must then decide on which scholarship programme you wish to apply for, that is, the Merit Scholarship or the tuition exemption. After that, you must then open your online account and start your application.
Along with the online application form, applicants will be required to submit the following documents
- Request two (2) recommendation letters that must be completed using the recommendation form templets accessible on the programme website.
- Submit a copy of your passport bio-data page
- Include a copy of your birth certificate.
- Submit copies of transcripts, Diplomas and certificates for each academic accomplishment mentioned in the academic documents section.
- Include copy of all prizes, awards or distinctions received.
- You must submit proof of your English language proficiency in form of test result (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
- Applicants who have completed a higher education program of not less than 2-year duration in English language may be exempted.
- Provide proof of sufficient financial means as is required by your chosen award program ($3 000 or $15 000)
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here