Deadline : May 24, 2022
Applications are open for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship for (QECS). The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity for applicants from commonwealth countries, which enables them to study for a two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
This scholarship program is dedicated to students who are committed to creating change in their communities. As a scholar, you will have a unique opportunity to experience a new country and culture, learn new things, create networks, broadening your horizons, and building a career in a field of your choice.
Applicants will apply at one of the participating Universities in several countries. As a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth scholar, you will have the opportunity to help bring about positive change through cultural exchange and academic collaboration. Scholars will also help find solutions to the shared challenges students face both in their home countries and those that host them.
Successful applicants will benefit from a scholarship and funding at participating commonwealth universities outside their home countries:
- You will receive 100% funding for your tuition fees
- Scholars will receive living allowances in form of stipends to cover their living expenses for duration of award
- You will receive a return economy flights to and from your host University
- On arrival t your host university, you will receive a one time arrival allowance to settle in
- You will also be eligible for a research support grant on request only and subject to approval
If you are to be selected for the scholarship, you must meet the following application conditions
- You must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award.
- Candidates must be applying to study at one of the QECS host universities in low and middle income countries
- Scholarships are awarded for a two (2) year Master’s degree programme at one of the Host Universities
- Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree with a 2:1 grade or its equivalent
- You must meet the admission criteria at your preferred host university since Universities may have their own specific eligibility requirements for admissions
To apply for the scholarship, you are advised to follow the following procedure.
- Visit the Application link below.
- Select the a country other than your home country you wish to apply to
- Select a participating University in the chosen country and follow the application instructions
Applications will require you to submit the following documents Documents:
- Your High school certificate
- You will include your Undergraduate transcript and graduation certificate
- Applicants are required to submit two references, preferably academic
- A Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here