Deadline : January 15, 2020 .
A Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
- The requirement for English language testing depends on the university that you are intending to study at. Therefore you will need to look at your chosen university’s admissions website to determine whether English language results are required for your admission. Some universities will require for applicants to meet their English language requirement. This often involves submitting the results of an English language test.
You will need to submit an application for admission to your chosen university course directly to the university in addition to completing a QECS application. On the QECS at University webpage there is guidance on where to find information and who to contact regarding university admission applications.
To apply, Click here