Deadline : July 23, 2022
The MA in Human Rights and Democratization is an Interdisciplinary and innovative one-year Master’s programme in Human Rights and Democratization. This programme provides knowledge and thorough training in the fields of human rights and democratization. The main aim of the programme is to support promotion of democracy, rule of law and good governance, together with strengthening Human rights protection in the region of Former Soviet Republics.
Established in 2010 under EIDHR instrument, the programme is currently part of the Global Campus of Master’s programmes and Diplomas in Human rights and Democratisation coordinated by the European Inter-University Centre in Venice-Lido. The programme serves as important hub and research/educational centre for local, regional and international stakeholders involved in promotion of democracy and protection of human rights.
The programme is made possible through partnership of a consortium of four leading universities in the region. namely, Yerevan State University (Project coordinator), Belarusian State University (Belarus), Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (Ukraine), and Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (Georgia) as partner universities.
The programme will be hosted at the Yerevan State University in Armenia
The programme offers scholarships covering the following
- The Regional Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratization in the Caucasus offers up to 20 full scholarships
- Scholarships will cover full tuition for the 1 year Master’s programme
- You will also receive coverage for travel expenses from your home country to Armenia and back including thesis defense travel
- Selected applicants will also receive a monthly stipend to cover their daily expenses while in Armenia
- Scholarships will be provided only to non-resident students, studying in countries other than their country of residency.
To apply, you must meet the following application conditions
- Applicants for the programme must be citizens of countries from EaP region, Central Asia and Russia.
- The Human Rights and Democratization programme is open to all applicants who hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized higher education institution.
- You must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in English and Russian.
- Applicants must have a vested interest in human rights and democratization issues.
The Application for admission for the programme are submitted online using the online application portal. Applications must be submitted by the deadline of July 23, 2022.
Scholarships will be awarded after the selection process has been concluded, based on the admission results. The selection committee may offer full or partial scholarship: More details about the scholarship may be inquired from [email protected]
Alongside with the Application form, all applicants will be requested submit necessary documents for the application package. The required documents include the following:
- Your most recent Curriculum Vita.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Submit a well written Motivation Letter of between 450-600 words.
- To be considered for the scholarship, you must also submit a Scholarship motivation letter of up to 500 words
- Applicants are required to submit an Essay (Essay topic on programme website).
- You must request and submit details for two nominees to provide Reference Letters on your behalf
- Submit your University Diplomas, Degrees, certificates and transcripts of records or Diplomas
- If available, your English Proficiency Test Score
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here