Deadline : May 8, 2020 .
Apply for PhD Research Positions in Water Science and Technology at Wetsus University. Wetsus stimulates personal development and designed a specific training program for that purpose. Doing a PhD at Wetsus also means you commit yourself not only to science but also to the personal development program.The Wetsus doctoral program has grown in the 10 years of its existence to a prime example of smart, regional specialization on water technology with a strong European connection between research institutes and industry partners.
The research in the Wetsus program takes place in close collaboration with 90 companies that actively participate in the research through paying memberships to focused and high trust research themes. All Wetsus researchers have at least three contacts per year with these industry partner
The research involves many different scientific disciplines and focuses on the following five main research areas in clean water production and waste water treatment:
- New water sources
- Sustainable water supply
- Waste water treatment and reuse
- Reuse and production of components and energy from water
- Detection of pathogens and micro/nano pollutants
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- Opportunity to work in a new, innovative, dynamic, idea driven and future-directed research institute. You will be able to put your mark on the development of new water technology. In our Centre of excellence we strive for high level research projects.
- You will work in close collaboration with our industrial partners and also with research groups of various universities. The unique characteristic of Wetsus is the multidisciplinarity of the program.
Salary and working conditions are according to the collective labor agreement of the Cooperative Association of Dutch Universities (VSNU) for PhD students.
- The salary for a PhD student as determined by the collective labor agreement are (in Euros before tax per year):
- €32.550 (year 1), €37.926 (year 2), €39.690(year 3) and €41.608 (year 4).
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- The candidate holds a master degree in the relevant discipline (see the PhD position) or will receive this before the appointment date
- The candidate doesn't hold a previous PhD degree
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team in an international environment and to work independently
- Strong interest in research and science
- Excellent English communication skills, orally as well as in scientific writing
Along side the online application, you will have to also submit the following required documents
- Motivation letter: Explain why you apply for Wetsus, why you apply for the specific project, why you choose for water technology. Make concrete (with examples) that you are suitable for the PhD position.
- CV specifying:
- Doctoral study entrance qualification (name master degree)
- List of internships (subject, name supervisor, grade, etc)
- Publications (if applicable)
- Scientific interest, complementary qualifications, achievements
- Grades (with explanation on the grading system)
- Copy of master diploma or letter of university that master diploma will be obtained soon
- At least one letter of recommendation and contact information of the referee(s)
To apply, Click here