Deadline : April 30, 2021
Applications for the Rotary Scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals are now open. Scholarships are made possible by a strategic partnership between The Rotary Foundation (TRF) and IHE Delft Institute for Water Education. This partnership aims to tackle the world’s water and sanitation crisis by increasing the number of trained professionals to devise, plan, and implement solutions in developing and emerging countries
Each year, a number of scholarships are awarded to deserving graduate students at IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s campus in the Netherlands. The main aim of these scholarships is to promote long-term productive relationships between Rotarians and highly skilled water and sanitation professionals in their communities and countries.
Selections are made by Rotarians, from local applicants who have secured admission for one of the IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s eligible 18-month Master of Science degree programs. For the 2021-2023 Rotary Scholarship program, specializations of the following IHE Delft MSc programs are eligible for a application
- Water Management and Governance
- Urban Water and Sanitation
- Water Science and Engineering
- The summit organizers have put in place financial assistance scholarships for participants who would have difficulties attending the summit
- Need-based scholarships, full and partial, are being offered to youth while funds last.
- Scholarship seekers must be scholars who are committed to use their expertise to improve the lives of others in their own communities and around the world.
- You will be expected to maintain good academic performance throughout your study experience
- Applicants must be committed to participate in the following activities:
- Provide a monthly update on the educational program and their cultural experiences to Rotarian sponsors in their home country.
- They will be required to give at least one presentation at a Rotary club or district event in the Netherlands.
- You will be required to give at least one presentation at a Rotary district conference in their home country.
- Upon returning to your home country, you will work with Rotarian sponsors on an activity to make a positive impact on water and sanitation in your home community.
Interesed applicants are advised to follow the following application procedure
- You must fist apply for admission for one of the IHE Delft eligible Master programmes before 15 April 2021
- Applicants must then Search for their nearest Rotary club
- Candidates will then approach their nearest Rotary club and ask if they are willing to nominate you for a Rotary scholarship
- Upon Agreement, you will download the application form to be completed by you and by the Rotary club
- Upon full completion, the sponsoring Rotary club will submit your application to the Rotary/IHE Delft selection committee in the Netherlands before 30 April 2021
To apply, you must download the application form b, Clicking here
For more information, visit the official website here