Deadline : October 31, 2022
Apply for the Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation Scholarship for the April Intake to Study in Japan. Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship is dedicated to international students who are applying and planning to enroll at a Japanese university or graduate school. This scholarship programme is open to both undergraduate and graduate students who have applied for admission at a Japanese university
Before applying for the scholarship, you must first apply at Japanese universities / graduate schools for admission into a degree course of your choice. Undergraduate students who wish to apply for this scholarship will be required to submit a copy of the application for admission for the university. Applicants enrolling in graduate level course at a Japanese University will be required to submit a recommendation letter from a supervisor or professor.
Selected applicants will receive the following benefits.
- Applicants for Undergraduate programmes will receive a monthly stipend worth 100,000 yen.
- Master’s Degree students will receive a monthly stipend worth 140,000 yen
- Doctoral scholars will receive a stipend worth 140,000 yen per month
- Scholarship recipients will also receive coverage for travel expenses worth up to 250,000 yen after arrival in Japan.
To apply for this scholarship, you must meet the following conditions.
- Scholarships are dedicated to non-Japanese overseas students residing outside Japan
- Applicants must be planning to enroll in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme at a University in Japan.
- At the time of application, you must have applied and received a letter of acceptance/admission from an intended school
- Undergraduate applicants who have not yet received a letter of acceptance/admission must present a copy of their application.
- Graduate degree applicates who have yet not received a letter of acceptance/admission must present a recommendation letter from a supervisor.
- Students who have already stayed in Japan before are not eligible for the scholarship. Exception id given to those whose purpose of stay or study in Japan was for mobility or Exchange program.
- You must have sufficient proficiency in Japanese language with a minimum level of JPLT N4 level
- Applications are open to candidates who are no older than 45 years of age
- You must not be a recipient of any other scholarship
There are two enrollement periods for the scholarhip
April 2022 enrollment
- Undergraduates: Two years（April 2022 – March 2024）
- Graduate students: Two years（April 2022 – March 2024）
September / October 2022 enrollment
- Undergraduates: Two years （September / October 2022 – August / September/2024）
- Graduate students: Two years （September / October 2022 – August / September/2024）
Aplicants must downloand the Application forms from the Yoneyama Scholarship secretariat website
complete them and upload them together with the required documents. Hre ebelow is a list of the required odcuments.
- Fully completed Application form with University/graduate school name, major/field course, faculty advisor or admission office you are applying must be clearly mentioned.
- Submit Copies of submitted forms of application for admission for intended university in case you have not yet recieved an admission letter
- All applicants must submit a research plan based on a specified theme for both Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- You must submit a Scholarship Essay with the theme: Objective for studying in Japan
- Applicants must request and submit a Letter of recommendation from a recent school, job or teacher from their supposed university in Japan. Graduate applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from prospective supervisor of their intended graduate school.
- You must provide a certified evidence of Japanese language proficiency. However, It is not compulsory for those who have not undertaken the test to provide the above documents.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here