Deadline : September 21, 2021
Apply for the 2022 Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University. Every year, the Schwarzman Scholars program selects a new class of up to 200 Schwarzman Scholars, to represent the world’s next generation of leaders. Selected participants are usually high-caliber individuals. Participants are opened minds and posses limitless potential who are ready to serve to deepen understanding between China and the rest of the world.
Schwarzman Scholars and program participants are selected from an international pool of distinguished candidates. These are prospective Scholars who exhibit exceptional qualities and academic excellence coupled with exceptional results in their field and outstanding leadership qualities. Such qualities include: Leadership abilities, exemplary character & integrity, academic aptitude & intellectual ability, empathy & intercultural competency, open mindedness, entrepreneurial spirit
Schwarzman Scholars are evaluated and selections are made based not only their academic aptitude and intellectual ability, but also their leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to anticipate and act on emerging trends and opportunities, exemplary character, and desire to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions.
The students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship. It will include:
- You will receive support for the required course books and supplies
- Participants will receive coverage for Health insurance, for the whole duration of the programme
- You will receive a stipend worth $4,000 to cover your personal expenses
- Tuition Fees for all courses involved with the program will be covered
- You will receive a room and board for your accommodation throughout the entire program
- Your Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year will be funded by the programme
- Applicants for the programme must posses an Undergraduate degree in order to be considered for the program
- If you are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree, you may apply provided that you are on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1.
- Applicants from all fields of study are welcome to apply regardless of undergraduate major.
- You must be able to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop your leadership potential within your field
- Program participants must be between the ages of 18 and 29 years by the date of commencement of the program
- You must demonstrate sufficient English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. The required scores are as below:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT). Minimum score 600.
- An Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). Minimum score 100.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7
Applications for the program must be submitted online using the online portal. All information regarding the application must be completed in English. Along with the application form, you will have to submit a list of supporting documents.
- You must submit your current resume or CV with a maximum of 2 pages.
- Applicants will be required to write two essays, a Leadership Essay worth 750 words and a Statement of Purpose worth 500 words
- Request 3 letters of recommendations form recommenders who know you well and be able to speak to your intellectual abilities, personal characteristics, and leadership potential using specific examples from their direct experience working with you.
- You must record a short video self-introduction of no more than 1 minute, introducing yourself in any style or setting you think best conveys your interests and personality.
For a Summary on how to apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here