Deadline : November 25, 2020
Applications are open for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po In France. This Scholarship program aims to support up to 126 talented young African students through their studies thereby offering the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, and enabling and encouraging them to to become changemakers in their countries of origin. Usually, these scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelor’s degree, two years for the Master’s degree and one month for the Summer School, covering the full cost of tuition fees at the institution where the recipient is admitted (Sciences Po) along with living costs in the host country (France) for the whole period of study.
As the first university in continental Europe to join the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, Sciences Po together with the Mastercard foundation and 27 other prestigious institutions in Africa, America and Europe have made it their duty to ensuring that all young people, whatever their background, have the same opportunities to get a quality education and fulfil their potential. These scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, yet face barriers including financial constraints blocking them from attaining higher education.
For a set period of 6 years starting 2017 and ending 2022 the Scholarship program will fund the following
- 20 scholarships to complete the Sciences Po Bachelor of Arts programme, Africa specialisation
- 46 scholarships to complete a Master’s programme at one of our seven graduate schools
- 60 scholarships reserved for Mastercard Foundation Scholars studying at other partner universities and who would like to attend Sciences Po Summer School.
- The Mastercard Foundation Scholars program scholarship will cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po in France
- You will also receive for the living costs including accommodation and welfare in France for the whole period of study.
- Applicants are students from Sub-Saharan African countries or a refugee of a Sub-Saharan African country
- You must be eligible for admission at a participating study program at Sciences Po in France
- For Master’s degree applicants, you must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree sufficient for admission into an eligible Masters program Sciences Po
- You must be 35 of age or below at the time of application
- Applicants must have a Minimum C1 level in English or French depending on the programme they are applying to
- Priority is given to applicants who are economically disadvantaged and are able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere
- You must display leadership qualities or potential and must have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances
- Upon completion of your studies, you must commit to returning to Africa in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others
Applicants must apply for first for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars program scholarship and then if selected apply for admission for the participating program of their choice at Sciences Po
To apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars program scholarship, you will need to provide the following information
- Your Personal information and Bio data including names, addresses, and academic information
- You will require a letter of recommendation from an institution which is supporting their application through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
- Your information on their financial situation as well as their extra-curricular experiences and your plans for the future
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here