Deadline : May 28, 2021
Apply for the 2021 Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships offered by the Government of Scotland. The Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships is composed of severe scholarships, sponsored and offered by the Scottish Government. This is made possible in collaboration with Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
This scholarship programme offers a great opportunity to selected applicants to study in a Scotland, a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be able to study for a full one year Masters degree programme of your choice at one of the leading participating universities in Scotland. Applicant for the programme must be excellent passionate students who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. Eligible study fields for this programme are as described below.
- The scholarship programme offers up to 50 awards worth £8000 for one academic year.
- This scholarship grant will go towards tuition fees for your selected one postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Eligible candidates for a Saltire Scholarship must meet the following conditions
- You must be a national/ citizen of one of the eligible countries (Please see list here)
- Applicants must have applied and obtained a conditional or unconditional offer at one of the participating Scottish universities
- You must be intending to study for one of the eligible courses that will be delivered physically in Scotland or via distance online learning or via a combination of both.
- The scholarship goes towards your tuition, therefore, you must demonstrate that you can meet the costs of living in Scotland
- Applicants must not have previously studied at a Scottish university.
- Previous recipient for the Saltire Scholarship are not eligible and may not apply.
- You must meet the English language requirements set by your course of interest
Applications for the Saltire Scholarship programme will on 19 February 2021 and close on 28 May 2021. Your application will be be submitted online provided that you meet all the set conditions. If you do not hold a study offer already, you are advised to apply for admission first at one of the participating universities, before submitting you scholarship application
Please note that scholars will be required to demonstrate the following as part of their scholarship requiremets
- You must maintain a standard of conduct so as to reflect the reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Programme and the institution at you will be studying.
- Recipients must actively participate in the programme’s extra-curricular events including a welcome reception and an end of year conference.
- You will support communications activity to promote Scotland and Scottish higher education as a whole
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here