Deadline: April 30, 2021
The SCS Fund of the foundation exclusively supports activities and projects of the Swiss Chemical Society. The goal is to assist program and activities that benefits the chemical community in whole or in part like event support, financing of prize programs and supporting of Swiss delegates in international organization.
The goal of the foundation is to promote and support activities in natural sciences, particularly in the field of chemistry and biochemistry. It supports projects in research, education and public relation with all kind of measures that fits the objectives of the foundation. To reach its goal the foundation grants e.g. seed capital, sponsorships, scholarships or prize program support. The SCS Foundation is a non-profit organization and its values do not rely on any political or confessional ideas
- The Foundation offers 8 to 10 scholarships of CHF 25’000 each as a one-time contribution to the cost of the 2-year Master study program
- The SCS Foundation invites scholarship applications from students to carry out Master of Science (MSc) degree studies in Chemistry or Biochemistry at a Swiss University or at one of the Federal Institutes of Technology.
- Eight to ten Alfred Werner scholarships in the amount of CHF 25’000 are granted every year since 2013. The program is supported by the Swiss chemical and pharmaceutical industry as well as by a number of private donors.
- The program targets students from foreign countries ranking in the top 10% of their bachelor of science (BSc) programs. The goal of the program is to support talented students to perform their MSc studies in Switzerland.
- The SCS Foundation actively supports the integration of the Alfred Werner Scholars, and also offers visits at the program-supporting industrial partners.
Candidates must apply for admission to a M.Sc. program at a Swiss University or Federal Institute of Technology (see information below), and, at the same time request the institute to support them for an Alfred Werner Scholarship. Each Swiss University and Federal Institute of Technology will submit to the Foundation ranked nominations by the end of April 2021. Since the admission and selection process may take as long as two months, candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.
Direct applications from candidates to the Foundation are not being considered.
The selection committee includes representatives of the funding companies, Swiss Universities and the Federal Institutes of Technology (ETHZ and EPFL).
Results will be announced at the beginning of May 2021
To apply, Click here