Deadline : March 31, 2021
Apply for the Alfred Werner SCS Foundation Masters Scholarships in Switzerland. Established in 2014 the Alfred Werner Fund carries on initiatives and projects of the former foundation “Stiftung für Stipendien auf dem Gebiete der Chemie”. Alfred Werner was a student at ETH Zurich and professor at the University of Zurich, and there after a Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry in 1913 after proposing the octahedral configuration of transition metal complexes.
The SCS Foundation is offering several scholarships for students to undertake Master of Science (MSc) degree studies in Chemistry or Biochemistry at a Swiss University or at one of the Federal Institutes of Technology. Applicants for the scholarships must be scholarships must be nominated by the institutions that admitted the students to their MSc Programs. There are no direct applications from individuals.
Applicants who have secured admission for a Master’s degree in either Chemistry or Biochemistry will contact their faculty for nomination. You must be admitted at one of the following universities: École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Swiss Fédéral Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ), University of Basel, University of Berne, University of Fribourg, University of Geneva, University of Zurich.
- The SCS Foundation eight (8) to ten (10) Alfred Werner scholarships for the academic year 2021.
- If selected, you will receive a scholarship grant worth CHF 30’000
- The program is supported by the Swiss chemical and pharmaceutical industry as well as by a number of private donors.
- You must have applied for Master of Science (MSc) degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry one of the Swiss Universities mentioned above.
- Applicants must be students from foreign countries from all over the world admitted at a participating Swiss university.
- You must demonstrate excellent performance, ranking in the top 10% of their bachelor of science (BSc) programs.
- Be active and passionate about Chemistry and Biochemistry, since the aim of the program is to support talented students who demonstrate extra-ordinally interest in one of these fields.
Please remember that the to be considered, candidates must first apply for admission to a M.Sc. program at a Swiss University or Federal Institute of Technology
You must then request the institute to support you for an Alfred Werner Scholarship. Your nomination must then be submitted to the Foundation by the end of April 2021.
There are strictly no direct applications from candidates to the SCS Foundation. Any such applications will not be considered
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here