Deadline: August 27, 2020
Applications are open for the Scuola Normale Superiore Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students in Italy. The Scuola Normale Superiore University was founded in 1810. It is a university institution of higher education which ranked first in Italy on the scale of the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Why at the Scuola Normale Superiore University? SNSU has a reputation in the research field. It provides the best facilities which will be useful to complete studies in a good way. Its faculties are very supportive and devoted to helping students in completing their career goals.
The following positions are available:
- Classics – 5 positions
- Mathematics – 6 positions
- Methods and Models for Molecular Sciences – 4 positions
- Nanosciences -5 positions, 1 of which in collaboration with the Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (Center for Nanotechnology and Innovation – CNI)
- Neurosciences -5 positions
- Philosophy – 5 positions
- Physics – 6 positions
- Political Science and Sociology – 9 positions
- Transnational Governance – 4 positions, joint course with the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna of Pisa
- Italian Studies and modern philosophy – 6 positions
- History – 5
- Art and History – 5
- Computational methods and mathematical models for sciences and finance – 7 positions
- Astrochemistry (joint course with the Università degli studi di Napoli Federico II) – 4 Positions
All students admitted to doctoral programmes receive scholarships, which include tuition fees and a grant for board and accommodation. The scholarship is guaranteed to students who maintain a high academic level and make significant progress in their thesis work
All students will be entitled to additional funding for their research activity, even abroad.
For each postgraduate course, a place is reserved for candidates who have obtained a valid qualification, for access to the competition, in foreign universities.
The following candidates, regardless of their citizenship, can apply:
- those who have obtained a master’s degree in Italy or an equivalent qualification in a non-Italian university by October 31, 2020;
- those who were born after October 31, 1988.
Admission to doctoral programmes will be based on academic assessment of candidates and on interviews.
Download the calls for the PhD programs (2019-20). The first call is for Classics, Physics, Mathematics, Methods and models for molecular sciences, Nanosciences, Neuroscience, Political Science and Sociology, and Transnational Governance. The others for the specified disciplines.