Deadline : August 25, 2022
Applications are open for the Scuola Normale Superiore Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students to study in Italy. The Scuola Normale Superiore University was founded in 1810. It is a university institution of higher education which ranked first in Italy on the scale of the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS) announces a call for the academic year 2022-2023, based on qualifications and exams. Scholarships for doctoral programmes are open to both Italian citizens as well as qualified foreign students. Applicants must be applying for one of the various places for Ph.D. courses in the following faculties:
- Classics – 5 positions
- Mathematics – 6 positions
- Methods and Models for Molecular Sciences – 4 positions
- Nanosciences -8 positions, 1 of which in collaboration with the Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
- Neurosciences -5 positions
- Philosophy – 6 positions
- Physics – 7 positions
- Political Science and Sociology – 10 positions
- Transnational Governance – 4 positions
- Italian Studies and modern philosophy – 5 positions
- History – 5
- History of Art- 6 Positions
- Computational methods and mathematical models for sciences and finance – 7 positions
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- All students admitted to doctoral programmes receive scholarships covering tuition fees for the selected programme
- You will also receive a grant for board and accommodation for the entire duration of your degree programme.
- Selected students are also entitled to free meals at the School’s facilities.
- There is no registration fees and the regional tax for the right to study is refunded to the students.
- You will also be entitled to additional funding for their research activity, even abroad.
To be considered for this programme, you must meet the following application conditions
- Applicants cam be Italian Nationals as well as Citizens from countries all over the world
- You must have obtained a valid qualification necessary for admission into your preferred PhD programme
- The scholarship is guaranteed to students who maintain a high academic level and make significant progress in their thesis work
- You must have have obtained a master’s degree in Italy or an equivalent qualification in a non-Italian university by October 31, 2022
- Applicants must have been born October 31, 1990. (Have 32 years of age or younger)
- Admission to doctoral programmes will be based on academic assessment of candidates and on interviews.
Deadlines for submission of applications for each course may differ. You are therefore advised to download the calls for each PhD programs for all the eligibility requirements as well as deadlines. Applications for each programme must be submitted online via the SNS website.
Among other requirements, you will be required to submit the following documents
- Your Diploma and transcripts of records for your university degree sufficient to enroll in a PhD program.
- Accepted Diplomas are usually for a Master’s degree or equivalent degree of at least four years
- The applicants will be required to submit a thesis abstract and a research project proposal
- You will also be required to submit details of one recommender who will be requested to submit a recommendation letter on your behalf
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here