SEI values diversity and encourage qualified women and men to apply. Their internship programme is part of capacity building activities and is designed for talented and motivated individuals who would like to gain knowledge and learn skills in the field of environment and development, and in particular, SEI’s thematic focus areas. It allows selected candidates to gain insight into the work of SEI and provides training and experience in various professional fields
For applicants from the sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region, we offer a stipend of Kenyan Shillings 50,000 per month (approx. US$ 500) for the duration of the internship.
Internship applications from outside SSA are also welcomed, however, if accepted, the intern will be responsible for obtaining their own funding and insurance for the full duration of the internship period at SEI.
- You hold a master’s degree in a field related to our work or are currently studying a related master’s course;
- You have an interest in one of SEI Africa’s work areas, i.e. Energy and climate change; Natural resources and ecosystems; Health and environment; and Sustainable urbanisation or communication;
- Minimum internship period is 6 months;
- Fluency in spoken and written English. An additional language especially French and Portuguese is a plus; and
- Priority is given to candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Send the following documents to [email protected]
- A letter of application, highlighting relevant background, qualifications, desired internship period, research interest area (i.e. Energy and climate change; Natural resources and ecosystems; Health and environment; Sustainable urbanization; or communications) and expected achievement at the end of the internship (maximum 2 pages).
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages).
- Recent writing samples if any (not mandatory but would be appreciated).
- Before the beginning of each internship period, shortlisted applicants are invited for a short presentation and interview.
- Selected candidates are informed per email.