Deadline : Open
Apply to the SEI Research Internship Program 2021 for Postgraduate Students. The SEI Africa internship program provides an opportunity to postgraduate students at both MSc and PhD levels as well as recently graduated students from diverse academic backgrounds. Main areas of interest are: Energy and climate change, Natural resources and ecosystems, Health and environment, as well as Sustainable urbanisation.
Through these five areas, as an interns at SEI Africa, you will have the opportunity to have exposure to a wide range of pertinent environmental and development issues in Africa, achieved through research activities, science and policy processes, and field work that allow them to gain valuable work experience and insights. It will allow you to gain insight into the work of SEI and gain from training and experience in various professional fields
All applicants who meet the program criteria are invited to apply. SEI also values diversity and therefore encourage qualified women and men to apply. This internship programme will be part of capacity building activities and is designed for talented and motivated individuals who would like to gain knowledge and learn skills in the field of environment and development, and in particular, SEI’s thematic focus areas.
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- Applicants from the sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region will receive a stipend of Kenyan Shillings 50,000 per month (worth US$ 500) for the duration of the internship.
- The programme will also assist you to obtain a Kenyan visa that will allow you to do your internship for that duration.
- Interns from outside sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) are also welcome to apply, although these will be responsible for obtaining their own funding and insurance for the full duration of the internship period at SEI.
- The internship period will run from July to December covering a period is 6 months and can be only extended once, for an extra 6 months based on individual performance and organizational needs.
You must meet the following application conditions if you are to be selected
- Although applicants from the sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region are given priority, applicants from other regions are also welcome to apply
- You must a master’s degree in a field related to the organization work at the time of application
- Students who are currently studying a related master’s course are also welcome to apply
- You must demonstrate interest in one of SEI Africa’s work areas, that is, Energy and climate change, Natural resources and ecosystems, Health and environment, and Sustainable urbanisation or communication.
- Applicants must be able to participate in the Internship for a minimum internship period is 6 months
- You must provide proof of sufficient spoken and written English. However, additional languages such as French and Portuguese are an added advantage
Interests applicants are requested to send the following documents to the following address: [email protected]. You application must include the following documents
- A well written letter of application, highlighting relevant background, qualifications, desired internship period, research interest area
- Your most recent Curriculum vitae of maximum 2 pages
- You should also include recent writing samples if any. This not mandatory but would be appreciated.
If shortlisted for the programme, you will be invited for a short presentation and interview.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here