Deadline : May 15, 2021
Applications for the Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship (SGS) programme at East China Normal University are now open to international applicants. Established in 2006, the Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship aims to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai. SGS wishes to encourage more and more outstanding international students and scholars to enroll at East China Normal University through this programme..
Shanghai Government Scholarship are dedicated to the excellent international students applying to study for a an undergraduate, graduate or PhD program at East China Normal University. Scholarships are also available for undergraduate applicants who do not posses a qualified HSK level. Students under this category will have the opportunity to apply for a one-year pre-college program to study Chinese with a full scholarship.
The Shanghai Government Scholarship programme is divided into 2 categories namely, the Type A Full Scholarship & The Type B Partial scholarship
Applicants awarded the Type A Full Scholarship will receive the following benefits
- You will be Exempt From Full Tuition fee for your preferred degree program .
- Selected candidates will receive accommodation on campus, for the whole duration of their study programme
- You will be eligible for a comprehensive medical insurance during your stay in China
- Scholarship recipients will receive a monthly Living stipend to cover their living expenses, broken down as follows:
- Doctoral program: CNY3500
- Graduate program: CNY3000
- Undergraduate program: CNY2500
Applicants awarded the Type B Partial Scholarship will receive the following benefits
- You will be exempt from tuition fee for your preferred degree programme
- The scholarship will provide you with a comprehensive medical insurance.
To apply, applicants are required to meet the criteria below
- Applicants for the SGS programme must be international non-Chinese citizens
- You must be in good health and will be required to provide proof of this at the time of application.
- If you are applying for a pre-college program you are required to posses a have a high school diploma and be under 23.
- Applicants for the bachelor degree program must have achieved a high school diploma and be under the age of 25.
- For students applying for the master degree program, the programme requires them to posses a bachelor degree and be under the age of 35.
- If you are applying for the doctoral degree program you are required to have a master degree and under the age of 40.
Applicants for the scholarship must fisrt apply for a degree programme of their choice, to study at the East China Normal University. Applications for admission are submitted online via the online application portal.
After submitting your application for admission, you must then complete the scholarship application form for the Shanghai Government scholarship using the online portal provided. When applying for the scholarship, you should remember complete the institutional code of ECNU which is 10269. For both application processes, you will need to submit the following documents
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy)
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy)
- A study or research plan.
- Valid HSK certificate (If already available)
- Additional application documents required by the school
- Photocopy of health certificate and blood test. Bring your original documents when entering China.
- A Photocopy of passport, including all Chinese visa pages.
- Certificates of the award in your high school (not mandatory).
- Applicants under 18 must provide a Guardian’s Letter of Guarantee. Samples can be downloaded from ECNU undergraduate program website.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here