Shanghai Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and Graduate Students in China
Deadline: May 15, 2020
Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship was established in 2006 with the aims to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai and encourage more and more outstanding international students and scholars to ECNU.
Shanghai Government Scholarship is for the excellent international students who apply for the undergraduate, graduate or PhD program at East China Normal University. Applicants for the undergraduate program without a qualified HSK level can apply for a one-year pre-college program to study Chinese with full scholarship sponsored. If the applicant still cannot achieve the qualified HSK level after the pre-college program, the applicant will be graduated as a language student.
As Stated Above Shanghai Government is offering Two Types of Scholarships. Type A (Full Scholarship) & Type B (Partial scholarship)
Type A (Full Scholarship)
- Exempt From Full Tuition fee.
- Accommodation on campus
- Provide comprehensive medical insurance
Monthly Living Expense:
- Doctoral program: CNY3500
- Graduate program: CNY3000
- Undergraduate program: CNY2500
Type B (Partial Scholarship)
Exempt from tuition fee, and provide comprehensive medical insurance.
- pplicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23.
- Applicants for the bachelor degree program must have a high school diploma and be under 25.
- Applicants for the master degree program must have a bachelor degree and be under 35.
- Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master degree and under 40.
Bellow are the required documents for application
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy):
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy)
- A study or research plan.
- Valid HSK certificate
- Additional application documents required by the school
- Photocopy of health certificate and blood test. Bring your original documents when entering China.
- Photocopy of passport, including all Chinese visa pages.
- Certificates of the award in your high school (not mandatory).
- Applicants under 18 must provide a Guardian’s Letter of Guarantee. Samples can be downloaded from ECNU undergraduate program website.
For Undergarduate Program, [email protected]
For Masters Program, [email protected]
For Doctorate Program, [email protected]
To apply, Click here