Deadline : January 14, 2022
Applications for the Study of the United States Institutes (SUSI) for Young Women Leaders on Economic Empowerment are now open. SUSI for Young Women Leaders is an intensive 5-week program scheduled to take place in the United States. The 2022 program will take place from June to August timeframe at a selected U.S. University. SUSI are made up of short-term academic programs which aim to provide selected undergraduate student leaders from different countries, an understanding of the United States, polish their leadership skills and develop their knowledge about the US.
This program is therefore dedicated to undergraduate student leaders who are selected by the United states embassies located in countries in which they reside. The is composed of a series of activities which include organized seminar discussions, readings, lectures and other group activities. Participants will also have the opportunity to participate in a one-week integrated study tour in the United State.
Participants are selected by US missions located in their home countries. Therefore, it is important to remember that each mission may have its own dedicated selection process, application requirements and application deadline. Applicants are therefore advised to contact the US mission in their own countries for full details of how to apply and submit their documents as well as any other information such as deadlines for application.
For applicants selected to participate in the program, the program will offer the following benefits
- You will receive full coverage for all costs related to the program participation.
- The programme will cover the costs related to visa applications
- Your travel including international and domestic, air and ground transportation will be covered by the programme.
- There is an allowance for books, cultural activities and incidental expenses.
- The programme will cover accommodation and housing for all participants
- Feeding for all participants throughout the program will be covered
- Selected participants will also receive medical insurance for the entire duration of the program.
SUSI welcomes applications from candidates who meet the following requirements.
- Applicants for the program must be female leaders
- Be a Ugandan citizen
- To apply, you must be between the ages of 18 and 25
- Applicates must have proof of sufficient proficient in English
- At the time of application, you must have at least one semester left of your undergraduate studies,
- Applicants must still be registered as undergraduate students at their home institutions must be committed to return to their home universities
- You must be an excellent and achieving student with good academic grades, as evidenced by recommendation letters and academic transcripts.
- Preferred candidates are those whose academic studies are in the fields of sciences, social sciences, humanities, education, business, and other professional fields;
- You should have vested interest in the Institute topic of Economic Empowerment through course work, volunteer activities, independent projects, or work experience.
- Applicants must also demonstrate strong a leadership potential and qualities in their university and community activities
Things to note
- Selection for participants is done by the US embassy in your country, therefore contact the US embassy for full details on how to apply
- All costs related to the program are covered, therefore you should not worry about Visas, transportation or accommodation
- The programme is scheduled to take place at a selected University in the United States keeping in mind the importance of respecting Covid-19 protocols
- There are different deadlines for each country. These deadlines are set by each individual embassy
To apply, applicants will have to complete application letters and submit their applications as instructed by the respective US embassies in their countries. Applications are done online, however the procedure and documents required to complete the application are set and may be different for each US embassy. The delaine for application is also different for each country, however most embassies have set January 14, 2022 as the deadline for application
Dependong on your embassy, you may be requested to submit the following information and documents
- An email or application form contain your bio information.
- A one page statement on why you would like to participate in the programme, your involvement in leadership, in your community and what you intend to gain the program
- You will also be requested to submit your academic transcripts ad latest grades
- Applicants may be requested to request and submit a recommendation letter
To apply, Contact your embassy here
For more information, visit the official website here