Deadline : September 30, 2022
Applications for the Sydney Scholars Awards at the University of Sydney in Australia is now open. This scholarship supports outstanding Year 12 students to undertake an undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney. The scholarship is open to domestic applicants, New Zealand citizens as well as international students.
The Sydney Scholars Awards offers opportunities for Year 12 students or equivalent, intending to commencing their studies in 2022 at the University of Sydney to apply for scholarships ranging from $6,000 to $10,000. Domestic and International students completing high schools in Australia are eligible for $6,000 while Domestic students are eligible for up to $10,000 in value. The scholarships will be awarded in duration from one year, up to the duration of their undergraduate degree, including combined undergraduate degrees.
In order to apply for the scholarship, applicants need to have the University of Sydney listed as one of your preferences throughout the application period. Scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants enrolled in any University of Sydney undergraduate degree. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible, to increase your chances of being selected for the scholarship.
There are two Sydney Scholars Awards valued at $6000 per year, and are tenable for one to five years (including for combined undergraduate degrees):
- $6000 per year for duration of undergraduate degree
- A $6000 for one year of undergraduate degree
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you will have to fulfill the following application conditions
- You must be a domestic student (this includes New Zealand citizens), or an international student who has recently completed an International Baccalaureate (or educational award equivalent to the HSC)
- Applicants must be applying for admission through UAC
- You must have achieved achieved an ATAR of 95 or above
- Applicants applying to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or the Sydney Dental School you must receive an ATAR of 90 or above
- Make sure that you apply in the year that you complete your secondary education
- In case you are offered a Sydney Scholars Award, you may defer it for up to a maximum of two years
To apply, you are advised to follow the following admission criteria
- Applicants must apply for a University of Sydney undergraduate degree through the UAC in the year they undertake the NSW ATAR or equivalent
- They should then apply for the scholarship through the University’s designated system in the year of completing the HSC or equivalent
- The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
- Academic merit of the applicant
- Your personal statement in support of scholarship application submitted during the application process
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here