Deadline : September 5, 2021
Apply for the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) PhD Positions Chemical Engineering in Denmark. DTU Chemical Engineering welcomes applications from qualified candidates to fill vacant PhD positions at the faculty. Positions are open to qualified students who have completed a two-year master’s degree worth 120 ECTS points or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
As part of your Research, you will have external stays in China totaling a period of 6-9 months. This is part of DTU’s goal to support SDC MSc programme in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, and to conduct research at the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
These advertised positions are part of the Sino-Danish Center for Education and Research (SDC) in cooperation with all eight Danish Universities, the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS). The department is looking for PhD candidates interested in working in an international and intercultural environment.
Applications are open to eligible applicants of any nationality apart from Chinese citizens. As a PhD researcher, you will perform several research activities in one of the following areas:
- Thermochemical conversion of biomass and waste
- Sustainable waste recycling and utilization
- Use of artificial intelligence in process system simulation and control
- Coating science and technology
Selected candidates will receive the following benefits
- PhD Scholars will work on an employment contract described under this category
- You will sign an employment lasting a duration of 3 years
- Appointments will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- The pay salary rates for PhD scholars ate DTU is usually as described below (Without pension)
- Pay grade 4 (0 year seniority): DKK 27,568
- A Pay grade 4 (1 year seniority): DKK 27,568
- Pay grade 5 (2 years seniority): DKK 29,605
- Pay grade 6 (3 years seniority): DKK 31,462
- You will also be eligible for holiday with pay according to the Holiday Act
If you wish to apply for one of the open positions, you must meet the following application conditions
- Applications are open to students of any nationality from any country except China
- Candidates must have completed a two-year master’s degree worth 120 ECTS points or its equivalent in a chemical and biochemical engineering.
- Your degree and skills must be related and relevant to the PhD project for you are applying for.
- The programme working language is English, therefore you must have sufficient English language Proficiency.
- Candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are welcome to apply
Applications must be completed and submitted online using the online application portal provided. The deadline of application is September 5, 2021. To apply, you must compete the online application and submit the required attachments as one PDF file
Students who have not yet completed their Master’s degree programme are also welcome to apply but cannot begin before having received it. The application must be competed in English. Here below is a list of the required documents.
- Submit a letter motivating the application explaining your reason for applying and stating clearly the areas of interests.
- A most recent Curriculum vitae
- Submit your Degree Certificates and Transcripts
- Translations of Degree Certificates and Transcripts in case there were not issued in English
- Include an Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here