Deadline : July 23, 2021
Apply for the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) PhD Scholarships in Sustainability. As part of its commitment to sustainability, the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is proud to announce six (6) fully funded PhD positions to qualified applicant. These research positions will be based on systemic modelling for sustainability, systematic engineering for sustainability and strategic sustainability implementation.
The scholarships are open to students who have graduated with a Master’s degree in a related field. These PhD research positions are offered and will be carried out as part of a collaboration between three departments at the Technical University of Denmark, Namely:
- Management Engineering,
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The goal of the programme is for the six open PhD positions to work closely together to further develop the strategic sustainability research agenda for DTU. The six reserach projects under this programme are listed here below.
- Systemic modelling for sustainable allocation of resources and prioritization of societal needs
- Quantitative, systemic and absolute assessment of SDG performance
- Systemic modelling of current product development approaches towards sustainability
- Ensuring resource circularity through systematic life cycle assessment modelling of multi-cycle and cascading recycling
- Target-driven systematic Life Cycle Engineering for absolute environmental sustainability
- Strategic design approaches to achieving climate neutral and resource effective society
Selected candidates will receive the following benefits
- Selected PhD Researchers will work on an employment contract described under this category
- The duration of employment for these positions is 3 years
- Appointments will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- The pay salary rates for PhD scholars ate DTU is usually as described below (Without pension)
- Pay grade 4 (0 year seniority): DKK 27,568
- A Pay grade 4 (1 year seniority): DKK 27,568
- Pay grade 5 (2 years seniority): DKK 29,605
- Pay grade 6 (3 years seniority): DKK 31,462
- You will also be eligible for holiday with pay according to the Holiday Act
To apply for one of the open positions, you must meet the following application conditions
- Applications are open to students of any nationality from any country
- Eligible candidates must have completed a two-year master’s degree worth 120 ECTS points or its equivalent
- Your degree and skills must be related and relevant to the PhD project for you are applying for.
- These scholarships are subject to academic approval, and the candidates will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes at DTU
- Candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are welcome to apply
Applications for these scholarships are submitted online using the application form provided. Along with the application form, you will be required to submit supporting documents to be uploaded within the application portal as one complete pdf document.
Assessment for applications will be carried out by lead professors from the three departments of Interest. Selection will be based mainly on your readiness to fit to the PhD project you have selected, your motivation, research proposal and and your potential to create synergistic collaboration across all six projects currently offered.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline of July 23, 2021. During the application, you must select the project you wish to apply for. Here below is a list of the required documents
- A well written letter of motivation clearly stating the position positions you are applying for and their ranked positions, in case you are applying for more than one position.
- Include your most recent Curriculum vitae.
- Submit your Diplomas and degree certificates for both BSc and MSc.
- Include an Excel sheet with translation of your grades to the Danish grading system
- Submit a scientifically written research proposal for a proposed project related to the position you are applying for, of maximum two pages.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here