Deadline : October 31, 2020
Apply for the 2020 Lucie Foundation Scholarship Program. The Lucie Foundation is proud to offer four cash grants to support the work of emerging and established photographers. The Lucie Foundation is proud to support emerging talent with vision and dynamic ideas that challenge and progress the art form of still photography into work that compels.
The foundation supports photography in a broad and diverse way, from Fine Art to Documentary and Photojournalism, to digital and film-based works and yet their concern is to support emerging photographers producing work that is at once gripping, and original.
The primary mission of Lucie Foundation is to promote the appreciation and understanding of photography. The foundation therefore presents four scholarships
- The Chromaluxe X Lucie Foundation scholarship: ChromaLuxe is a leading brand of print media and is offering a scholarship through the Lucie Foundation in support of Fine Art Photographers.
- Emerging Artist: The scholarship is open to all genres of photographic work and will be given to an individual to create or continue work on a specific dynamic project.
- Photo made scholarship: This scholarship will be given to an individual to create or continue a project focused on creating a story through a conceptual Fine Art approach.
- photo taken Scholarship: This scholarship will be given to an individual to create or continue a project focused on telling an existing story through a documentary or photojournalism approach
The scholarships are valued as described below
- The Chromaluxe X Lucie Foundation scholarship: A fine art scholarship worth $3000
- Emerging Artist: A $1500 + Sony Alpha 7 III camera with 28-70mm lens, valued at over $2,000 open genre scholarship
- Photo made scholarship: $1000 emerging scholarship
- photo taken Scholarship: $1000 emerging scholarship
In order to apply for any of then scholarships, you must fulfill the following application criteria
- You must be atleast 18 years of age in order to apply for any of the Lucie Emerging Scholarships
- The scholarships are open to emerging photographers from any country all around worldwide.
- You are defined as an emerging photographer if you are enrolled as a student, in the first five years of your photography career and do not earn the majority of their income from photography,
- The ChromaLuxe X Lucie Foundation Fine Art Scholarship Scholarship is open to both emerging and established artists to support a Fine Art project that has already started or a Fine Art project proposal.
To apply, you will need to complete the online application form and submit along with it the following application required documenst
- A Project Proposal that will include the following:
- Project Start and End Dates
- A 250 Word Description of your project
- Your Plan for completing the project describing how you intend to approach the project and how you intend to use the scholarship money
- Five Goals that you plan to accomplish while working on the project
- A one-page biography and/or CV
- Twenty digital images.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here