Deadline : August 31, 2020 .
Apply for the 2020 Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP) Scholarships . Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP) was introduced in 2000 as a framework in providing postgraduate scholarships for developing partners. Believing that knowledge sharing is an important pillar of South-South Cooperation, TIPP offers opportunities for Thailand and its partners to exchange their experiences and best practices that would contribute to long-term and sustainable development for all.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
The Royal Thai Government will fund the following expenses for successful candidates during their study in Thailand.
- Return economy class air ticket and airport pick
- Return economy class air ticket will be provided via the most direct and most economical route from the international airport at awardee’s respective country/territory to the Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok – Thailand.
- Domestic travel in Thailand – will be provided via the most economical route from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand to the airport where the university located.
- Airport pick – up service Transfer to and from airport will be provided to awardees. TICA will coordinate directly with the limousine service. Upon arrival at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport, please proceed to the AOT Limousine Customer Relations counter and present the instruction of scholarship award for the airport transfer. A taxi fare paid by awardees cannot be reimbursed.
- Monthly subsistence, settlement, books and thesis allowance Monthly subsistence allowance
- Awardees will receive living allowance at the amount of 7,000 Baht per month.
- Awardees will receive accommodation allowance at the amount of 7,000 Baht per month in the regional province or 9,000 Baht per month in Bangkok and Phuket.
- Awardees will receive the settlement allowance at the amount of 6,000 Baht on their first arrival to Thailand.
- Books allowance Awardees will receive books allowance at the amount of 10,000 Baht per year. (Only 4 semesters for Master’s degree) Thesis allowance Awardees are strongly recommended to make necessary data collection in relation to their proposed research topic, if it is to be done in their country, prior to coming to Thailand.
- Awardees will be given the thesis allowance as a lump sum amount of 20,000 Baht for compulsory fieldwork or data collection and a lump sum amount of 12,000 Baht for thesis printing or 8,000 Baht for independent study (IS) printing. Attachment
- The visa fee can be reimbursed upon presenting an original receipt of the fee. Awardees must not bring their family members with them during their scholarship programme. Awardees in the scholarship programme cannot be used as reference for visa application to Thailand of his/her family member.
- Tuition fee Awardees’ tuition fee will be directly reimbursed from TICA, except equipment insurance fee, transcript and certificate fee
- Insurance Accident and Hospitalization Insurance during the period of study in Thailand will be provided.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories (See list).
- Candidates should be working in the area related to the course provided.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree and/or professional experience related field or related to graduate degree.
- Candidates must have a good command of English.
- Candidates who English is not the first language and Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English have to pass an English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by University regulations.
- It is recommended that candidates be less than 50 years of age.
- Candidates must have good physical and mental condition.
- TICA reserves the rights to revoke scholarship offered to awardees who violate rules and regulations.
To apply you must follow the following procedure
- The candidates must fill in the online application form on TICA website
- The candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation (such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or by relevant central government agencies for which the nominated candidates currently work.
Required Documents (Please prepare one (1) original with two (2) copies of each document as these following items:)
- TIPP application form
- Medical report
- Transcript of Bachelor’s degree (to show the courses that you have learnt throughout Bachelor’s degree)
- Certificate of Bachelor’s degree
- English test score (e.g. TOELF, IELTS)
- Recommendation Letter (At least 3 people)
- Thesis proposal or other documents (As university request)
To fill the application form, Click here