Deadline : January 31, 2021
Applications for the CERN Online Summer Student Programme in Switzerland are now open. Are you a current Bachelor or Master degree student in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics? Are you looking for a training period during the European summer (June – September)? This could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Among the main CERN’s key missions is education, which involves sharing knowledge and expertise with students who are committed and passionate about their chosen field. And there’s no better way to learn than on-the-job: when that job happens to be with a world-famous research organization and center of scientific excellence, it’s even better
For a period of up to three months, you will have the opportunity to work on an advanced technical project as part of an experimental, engineering or computing team. Throughout this period, participants will to attend a series of online lectures specially prepared for you. Professionals, experts and scientists from around the world will share their knowledge about a wide range of topics. The topics for discussion will cover fields of theoretical and experimental particle physics, engineering and computing.
- Selected applicants will sign a contract of association of up to three months to work on a technical project.
- You will have the opportunity to attend extensive online physics lecture programme along with a series of IT lectures organized by CERN openlab.
- Selected applicants will be eligible for modest stipend ( to be defined)
- You will also Virtual social events for all the participants to create and nurture the community of 2021 Online Summer Students.
- You must be a Bachelor or Master student in the fields of Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Applicants must have completed at least three years of full-time studies at university level by the summer of 2021.
- You must remain registered as a student during this online studentship with CERN, however students who expect to graduate during European summer 2021 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must not have not worked at CERN before with any other status CERN programs for more than 3 months
- You have not previously been a Summer Student at CERN
- Applicants must have good command of English with knowledge of French as an advantage.
You must submit your application online before the deadline of January 31, 2021. You will need several supporting documents, clearly labelled and in PDF format to accompany your application
- Your most recent CV in either English or French.
- Include a copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks
- Request two mandatory reference letter, from your lecturers/teachers and/or previous internship supervisors.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here