Deadline : August 31, 2020
Inspired by the success of the 2nd Vilnius Young Leaders Meeting (VYLM), the Eastern Europe Studies Centre continues the initiative and launches a call for applications for the 3nd Vilnius Young Leaders Meeting. The Eastern Europe Studies Centre (EESC) continues already recognized at the international level project and invites to apply for the 3rd installment of the Vilnius Young Leaders Meeting (VYLM) to be held on October 13-16, 2020 in Vilnius, Lithuania.
The meeting is organized by the Eastern Europe Studies Centre (EESC) with the support of the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), the Swedish Institute, and the Embassy of Sweden in Vilnius.
The previous edition of VYLM included participants from the Baltic States, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine and Armenia!.This year the project expands even further and includes another country – Azerbaijan! The VYLM will continue to gather already established experts and the 3-day long meeting will include trainers from EaP countries, the Baltic states, and other regions.
The VYLM focuses on issues in the field of democracy, human rights, and freedom of speech, the local societies. The 3rd VYLM will continue to focus on such issues and the most relevant topics, which need deeper expertise to understand how increasing resilience to disinformation, will be covered.
The summit organizers have put in place financial assistance scholarships for participants who would have difficulties attending the summit. n addition to the opportunity to meet and learn from leading figures in journalism, communication, foreign affairs, and security – as well as from one another – participants will be provided with:
- Accommodation from October 13 to October 17 (up to 4 nights) on a double-occupancy basis
- Round-trip transportation. This applies to all applicants apart from those from Lithuanian
- Visa support, if required
In order to be consider for participation, you must full fill the following requirements
- You must be a Motivated young professionals from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Armenia and Azerbaijan whose professional activities and personal goals are related to improving media, scholars, and the analytical environment in their respective countries and the broader region.
- Applicants must be between 24-35 years old
- You must hold an academic qualification equivalent to at least a bachelor’s degree
- Applicants must have a Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the fields of journalism, communication, political science, or civil society/NGOs
- You must be able to actively take part in discussions in English (simultaneous English-Russian interpretation is planned, but may not always be available)
Please note: Even if you do not meet all of the above-mentioned conditions, You are advised to apply. . Participants will be selected not only based on their competence, but huge attention will be paid to participant motivation and ability to contribute to the general aim of the Meeting.
You are advised to follow the procedure below in order to submit your application.
- You will fill in the application form to be downloaded from the link below and return it to the organizers by email at [email protected].
- Applicants must indicate VYLM Application in the subject line.
- Your application can either be completed in English or Russian.
- Applicants must make sure that their applications are received by the deadline of August 31, 2020, at 23:55 Lithuanian time (EEST, UTC+ 03:00).
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here