Deadline : July 31, 2020 .
Apply for the The AAI Salzburg Grants Scholarships to Students from Developing Countries. The One World Scholarship Programme is meant to support students from Africa, Asia and Latin America who are interested in development issues and who have come to Austria on their own initiative in order to complete their education. With their decision to study abroad, the students have demonstrated a high degree of assertiveness, creativity and mobility.
The One-World-Scholarship-Programme is a grant scholarship aimed at students from Africa, Asia and Latin America who have come to Austria on their own initiative, in order to complete their education. Prospective awardees are required to focus on questions related to development in their studies and research. During their studies in Austria they acquire skills and competencies which can contribute to the economic, social, ecological and cultural development in their countries or regions of origin. As highly skilled professionals and leaders they can induce a positive change
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- The One World Scholarship Programme supports Master and PhD students at public universities or universities of applied sciences in the regions of Salzburg and Tyrol with a grant scholarship. Students at Master level receive 500 € per month, at PhD level 550 € during the semester
- The maximum duration is the prescribed duration of the curriculum plus one semester.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
Eligible countries :
- Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan
- Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi
- Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo
- (Dem. Rep.), Congo (Rep.), Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Cuba
- Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic
- Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji
- Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana
- Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jamaica, Jordan
- Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea (Dem. Rep.), Kyrgyz Rep.
- Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya
- Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maledives, Mali, Morocco, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius,
- Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States), Mongolia, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar
- Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue
- Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda
- Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sri Lanka, St.
- Helena, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Grenadines, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan,
- Suriname, Swaziland, Syria
- Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu
- Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
You must be:
- admission to a Master or PhD programme at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein)
- for PhD students: approved disposition
- age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
- residence permit “student”
Please fill application the application form and you will have to also submit the required documents
- Please send your complete application documents to [email protected] by E-Mail or by using a free data transfer (wetransfer)
- After your application has been reviewed, you will be invited for an online-interview (via skype, zoom or webex)
- The decision is taken by the scholarship committee in mid August. You will be informed about the decision shortly after.
- Please find the application forms for both Masters and PhD at the bottom of the page
To apply, Click here