Deadline : March 31, 2021
Apply for the Aga Khan foundation International Scholarship Programme for the 2021 entry. Each year, the Aga Khan Foundation offers several scholarships to deserving students, for postgraduate studies at various universities. Applicants to the programme are usually outstanding students from select developing countries who have demonstrated that they have no other means of financing their studies. Therefore, through this scholarship programme, the Aga Khan foundation aims to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN.
Aga Khan foundation scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant, 50% loan basis in which applicants compete for the available slots provided once a year in June or July. Applicants who are applying to study a Master’s level course are usually given priority, but the foundation also considers applications for PhD programmes provided that applicants are outstanding students who are highly recommended for doctoral studies by their professors or supervisors
You must be applying to study an full time degree program as applications for short-term courses will not be given consideration. Applications must also be new prospective students who are applying to begin their postgraduate degree, at any university in any country, with the exception of universities in UK, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, The Netherlands, Italy, Norway and Ireland neither are applications from students who have already started their course of study.
- You will receive the Aga Kahn Foundation scholarship to cover your tuition fees as well as living expenses only.
- This means that you must meet the costs involved in travel to and from your selected university
- Applicants for PhD programmes will receive funding for the first two years of their programme, after which the students are expected to find alternative sources of assistance.
- Applicants must be interested in perusing a Master’s degree program or in special cases, a PhD programme
- You must be planning to attend your degree program at any university in any country around the world, apart the UK, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, The Netherlands, Italy, Norway and Ireland.
- Eligible candidates are citizens of one of the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar and Mozambique
- You must be aged 30 and below at the time of application in order to qualify
- Applicants from the above mentioned countries must be residents in one of the countries where there are local Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), or Aga Khan Education Board (AKEB) offices that will process and interview candidates.
Applications for the AKF’s International Scholarship Programme are decentralized, meaning that students must obtain application forms AKF offices and Aga Khan Education Services located in their home countries. You will complete and return your application to the country office which will then undertake the task of selection and conducting interviews for shortlisted applicants.
You must complete your application with in the application period of January first to March 31 2021. For more details, you can contact your country office. Your application will be considered based on the following main criteria:
- Proof of consistent excellent in the applicant’s previous academics
- Demonstration of genuine financial need by the applicant
- Ability to secure admission to a highly reputable university or programme of study and
- The relevance of the field of study you choose to AKDN’s focus areas.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here