Deadline : November 28, 2022
Apply for the AHRC & College Scholarships at the University of Glasgow, Scotland. The University of Glasgow is proud to be part of the Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities Doctoral Training Partnership which offers several scholarship each year, to deserving students. Each year, eligible applicants apply for an eligible programme for this scholarship at their preferred institution. Each institution then nominates a number of applications to the Scottish Graduate School for the Arts and Humanities (SGSAH) who then make the final decisions on awards across the consortium.
The consortium is composed of ten Higher Education institutions which receive funding each year, from the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) to support postgraduate studentships and training in the Arts and Humanities all over Scotland. Through the Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) scheme, the University of Glasgow will consider applications for doctoral studentship awards in the majority of Arts and Humanities subjects for the 2023 academic year.
The AHRC Doctoral Training Partnership Scotland supports doctoral research and training in a range of Arts and Humanities disciplines and subject areas. Eligible programmes for the 2023 academic year are as follows
- The School of Culture & Creative Arts: Cultural Policy, Film & TV Studies, History of Art; Music, Theatre Studies.
- The School of Critical Studies: Creative Writing, English Language and Linguistics, English Literature, Scottish Literature, Theology.
- The School of Humanities: Archaeology, Celtic & Gaelic Studies, Classics; History, Information Studies, Philosophy.
- The School of Modern Languages & Cultures: Comparative Literature; Translation Studies; Modern Languages.
- The School of Geography and Earth Sciences: Human Geography.
- The School of Law: Law and Legal Studies.
- The School of Interdisciplinary Studies: Interdisciplinary Studies.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- You will receive full coverage for Tuition fees for the entire duration of Program.
- Selected applicants will also receive annual stipend at UKRI rate
The eligibility conditions for the scholarship at the university of Glasgow are as below
- applicants are UK students, EU students and international students from all over the world.
- All applicants must be nominated by their respective faculties at the university of Glasgow
- In order to be nominated for an AHRC Scholarship, you must hold an unconditional or conditional offer of a place on a College of Arts PhD degree programme at the university Glasgow in Scotland
- Although applicants do not need to hold the admissions offer prior to the Scholarship application deadline of November 28, 2022, they must have already submitted their applications for admission via the online admissions system.
- You must not not be holding another full Scholarship for the same academic year at the university of Glasgow.
- Applicants holding a partial scholarship say fees only or stipend only may still be considered.
In order to submit your application, you are advised to follow the steps below. The deadline for application is 7 November 28, 2022.
- You must apply for a place on the relevant doctoral programme using the online admissions system. Please make sure that you submitting the application by the Scholarship deadline.
- Along with the application form, all applicants will be required to upload all supporting documentation to their application:
- You degree certificates and transcripts
- You must submit references to support your application
- Proof of English language proficiency in form of a IELTS certificate
- Applicants must then contact a potential Supervisor and discuss with them a research proposal.
- After submitting your application for admission, you must then complete the Scholarship Application Form and return this electronically to the relevant School contact by the deadline November 28, 2022. Remember to include any supporting documents as required
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here