Deadline : January 22, 2021
Apply for the Al-Khwarizmi Graduate Fellowships Program at KAUST. The Al-Khwarizmi Graduate Fellowship scheme invites applications for up to 16 doctoral fellowships. Fellows will take part in a research journey to fulfill their potential at one of the world’s most state-of-the-art research environments. This fellowship program is hosted by The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with support from the European Science Foundation (ESF).
Applicants for the programme must be students from the European continent who are interested in undertake a research fellowship programme at a top international university in the Middle East. All submitted applications will be reviewed by an independent peer-review process managed by the European Science Foundation (ESF). If selected, you will be offered a generous stipend along with free tuition for Ph.D. studies within one of KAUST academic programs.
Available proposed research will be chosen within any topical area of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) represented by the following three academic divisions of KAUST.
- Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE)
- Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE)
- Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE)
- The fellowship is offered for a duration of three years which may be extended upon consideration in duly justified cases.
- You will receive an annual living allowance worth USD 38,000
- As a fellow, the program will provide you with free tuition Ph.D. studies for your selected KAUST academic program
- You will also receive free student housing on campus, relocation support, and medical and dental coverage for the duration of the Fellowship.
- Fellows will receive a supplementary grant of USD 6,000 dedicated for research-related expenses including conference attendances and travel.
- Applicants must be either nationals or residents of one of the 47 member states of the Council of Europe (See full list here).
- You must hold an MSc degree or its equivalent in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines
- Students who are in their final year of their MSc studies are also welcome to apply.
- You will be required to submit a research proposal on a topic of your own choosing following a pre-defined template
- Program applicants are expected to demonstrated excellent performance in their previous studies evident with a CGPA 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Your chosen proposed research topic must be in line with the three academic divisions of KAUST.
- You must meet all the set requirements necessary to secure admission into a Ph.D. degree program at KAUST
- Demonstrate a good command of English evidenced by a minimum TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT or 6.0 on the IELTS
Interested applicants must submit their applications online following the following two steps. In step one, you will have to submit formal documents and transcripts for your admission to KAUST and then your research proposal to be submitted to the ESF in Step 2. T=You will have to submit an online application for admsiion at KAUST via the online Admissions platform and submit the following documents
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae including information about your previous studies, employment, career breaks, academic awards, a list of publications and publication abstracts if applicable.
- Submit your Degree certificates and official transcripts from all the previous university-level institutions you have attended.
- You must submit a short statement of purpose of maximum 1 page indicating why you chose to apply for the Al-Khwarizmi Fellowship
- Applicants are required to submit three (3) letters of recommendation from professors who can support the applicants application
- Proof of English proficiency with certificates including GRE and/or TOEFL/ IELTS test taken within three years of the application
In step 2, you will be required to submit a research proposal of a maximum of 5 pages in PDF format, via the ESF Portal. In the proporsal you will,
- Define your Ph.D. thesis’s theme in case you are awarded the Fellowship.
- Contact your prospective supervisor at KAUST to discuss and familiarize your the research topic and technical capabilities.
- The template for the proposal is available on the programme application webpage
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here