Deadline : March 31, 2021
Apply for the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships at the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom. The University of Sheffield, with its strong commitment to International Development is dedicated to supporting students from developing countries facing financial challenges yet have a passion and commitment to to achieve their careers. Among the themes of the University’s strategy includes, celebrating, promoting and increasing the volume of the work that they do to improve the lives of others through their international relationships, locally and abroad.
In an effort to Build on this commitment, the University collaborates with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development is offering to 10 scholarships stretching over a period of 3 years. The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust are dedicated to prospective international students from developing countries to enable them undertake an eligible master’s degree program in a field affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
Interested applicants must apply for admission and recieve an offer for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in 2021 by a deadline to be confirmed:
- MA International Development
- MPH (Masters in Public Health) International Development
- MA International Relations
- MSc Environmental Change and International Development
- MA Social Research
- MA International Political Economy
The university is is offering three scholarships available to academically strong individuals from developing countries for the academic year starting September 2021. The scholarship entails the following:
- You will receive a full tuition fee waiver for your selected course
- Recipients will also receive a maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend for the length of their course
- You must be applying for and eligible master’s degree program staring September 2021
- Applicants must be classified as overseas and nationals or permanent residents of the selected eligible countries (Please see list here).
- You must be a self-funded student to receive the scholarship. In other words you may not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organization.
- Applicants must not be recipients of any other scholarships or funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- For consideration, you must be applying for a master’s degree program with mode of attendance as full time.
- You must meet the admission conditions for the degree program of your choice and subject to successfully meeting any conditions attached to your offer before the deadline
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2021.
You must select and apply for one of the eligible master’s degree program. If you receive and offer for the eligible program you applied for, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship, therefore there is no seperate application form.
- You must as well fulfil the scholarship eligibility conditions and must be a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories.
- Upon your admission offer, you application will be assessed by a panel of academic judges to decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process.
To see other scholarships to study in the UK, Pease Click here
For more information, visit the official website here